The following is a list of performances and events happening in the KMC and nearby locations. Dates are subject to change.
• “Neda – Der Ruf,” an opera by Irani composer Nader Mashayekhi, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, June 10, 13 and 29.
• “Anatevka,” Fiddler on the Roof, a musical by Jerry Bock, in German, 3 p.m. Sunday (with childcare),
7:30 p.m. May 27 and June 28, and 6 p.m. June 24.
• “Zyklus,” a dance performance by James Sutherland with music by Benjamin Britten, Philip Glass and Samuel Barber, 7:30 p.m. Thursday, June 2 and 17.
• “Das Abschiedsdinner,” a comedy by Matthieu Delaporte and Alexandre de la Patellière, in German,
8 p.m. May 26, 28 and 31.
• “The Tempest,” a play by William Shakespeare with music by Henry Purcell, in German and English, 7:30 p.m. June 3, 9, 21, 23 and 30.
• Komoedie im Dunkeln,” comedy in the dark, a play by Peter Shaffer, in German, 3 p.m. June 11 (last performance; childcare offered).
For details, call 0631-3675-209 or visit www.pfalztheater.de.
• Lisa Who presents progressive German rock and pop, 8 p.m. Saturday. Tickets cost €13.
• Majoe presents rap and hip hop,
8 p.m. May 27. Tickets cost €22.90.
• Gee Dee and friends play a tribute to Alphonse Mouzon, 8 p.m. June 3. Tickets cost €18.
• Stephan Flesch and special guest Donnielle Graves present soft pop and soul, 8 p.m. June 9.
Tickets cost €24.
For more information, visit
• Arts exhibition, “From abstract to figurative – How much body does a person need,” 6 p.m. June 3 to June 17, on concert days.
• The Pfalztheater Orchestra presents Brahm’s solemn-dark symphonic “Tragic Overture” and works by Mozart and Tschaikowski, 8 p.m. today. Tickets cost €17, €23 and €26.
• The Rheinland-Pfalz State Police Orchestra and percussion students of Emmerich-Smola Music School perform a charity concert, 8 p.m. Saturday. Tickets cost €18.
• Jazz Stage meets Marimba with guest Nora El-Ruheibany playing the marimbaphone, 8 p.m. June 9.
Tickets cost €15.
For tickets, call the tourist information office at 0631-365-2317.
Kaiserslautern, SWR studio, Emmerich-Smola-Platz 1:
• The Kolpingblasorchester Kaiserslauten presents a spring concert,
7:30 p.m. Saturday. Tickets cost €7 for adults, and €4 for students. For tickets and reservations, call the tourist information office at 0631-365-2317.
JUZ (Youth Center), Steinstrasse 47, Kaiserslautern:
• A rock and pop students’ concert features the bands High Voltage and Midis, 7:30 p.m. June 2. Tickets cost €5. For details, visit www.juz-kl.de.
Bildhaus, Musikclub Ventil, Hahnbacherhof 2, Schallodenbach:
• The duo MAMA performs rock, 8 p.m. Saturday. The park and gallery opens 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday. Admission is free. For details, visit bildhaus.info.
Hauptstuhl, fest tent:
• Father’s Day rock concert,
8 p.m. Wednesday.
Ramstein-Miesenbach, Haus des Buergers:
• Former Genesis singer Ray Wilson presents his new songs and songs by Genesis, 8 p.m. Saturday. Tickets cost €29.60, €32.90 and €36.30.
For details, call 06371-592-220 or visit www.hausdesbuergers.de.
• Schmidt Show on tour – the original show from the Reeperbahn in Hamburg with comedy stars, breakdance acrobats, magicians, jugglers and travesty artists, 7:30 p.m. Saturday. Tickets cost €32, €28 and €23.
• The duo Jessica Riemer and Scarlett Enkler present an “Italian Evening” with classical music, 7 p.m. June 7. Tickets cost €12.
For details and tickets, visit www.stadthalle-landstuhl.de.
English Theatre, Gallusanlage 7, Frankfurt:
• “The Hound of the Baskervilles,” a masterpiece of mystery and suspense by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, through June 30. Performances are 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays to Saturdays, and 6 p.m. Sundays. For details, visit www.english-theatre.org.
Saarbruecken, Saarlaendisches Staatstheater, Schillerplatz 1:
• “West Side Story,” a musical in German, with music by Leonard Bernstein, 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
For more information, visit www.theater-saarbruecken.de or call 0681-3092-486.
• Kaiserslautern, Gartenschau (dino park) with flower shows, lego display, exhibitions, water playground, miniature golf court. Special events on Sunday: Catholic service, 11 a.m. in willow church; children’s fest with dance presentations, circus, activities, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Neumuehlepark. On Thursday: Protestant worship service, 11 a.m. in willow church; Father’s Day activities with music. Opening hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., to Oct. 31. For details, visit www.gartenschau-kl.de.
• Kaiserslautern, Japanese Garden, Am Abendsberg 1, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily, through Oct. 31. For more information, visit www.japanischergarten.de.
• Kaiserslautern, Messeplatz fairgrounds, May carnival, today to May 29 (read article on Page 23).
• Landstuhl to Waldfischbach,
biking fun on car-free L363; entertainment and food in the villages,
10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Enkenbach-Alsenborn, next to public pool, beer hike, Saturday and Sunday; skate night 6 p.m. Saturday (read article on Page 17).
• Eisenberg, center, car display, open stores, children’s activities, 1 to 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Katzweiler, adventure day with activities, music, food, Sunday.
• Pirmasens, Strecktalpark, Froehnstrasse, LifeArt Fair,
today to Sunday.
• Kirkel, Castle, Schlossbergstrasse, medieval market, Saturday and Sunday.
• Kaiserslautern, Pfalz-Center (across from Daenner Kaserne),
7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Bad Duerkheim, Saline (salt-works, Gutleutstrasse 48), 9 a.m. to
4 p.m. Saturdays.
• Neustadt, Decathlon parking lot, Louis-Escande Strasse 30, 8 a.m. to
4 p.m. Saturday.
• Ludwigshafen, Metro, Oderstrasse 4, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
• Zweibruecken, Schlossplatz,
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.