It’s the morning of Aug. 28, 2005 — people awake to sounds of faint screams and echoes of buildings collapsing. A sense of panic and fear lingers in the air as 175 mph winds and masses of water engulfed 90,000 square miles of land. Outside, one of the five deadliest hurricanes in U.S. history has reached the southeast and midwest of the continent. The hurricane eventually killed over 1,000 people and caused more than $100 billion in property damage.
Post Tagged with: "resilency"
What people are reading this week:
- Ramstein AB Reel Time On-Base Movie Theater Schedule
- Enjoy 4th of July in the KMC
- Sembach Vehicle Registration Virtual Line
- Why no AC in Germany?
- Taking a car ferry to (or from) Sicily is a…
- Movie Schedule
- Fishing in Germany within angler’s reach
- Base access, visitor process explained
- German income taxation of telework
Courtesy Community Bank
|One USD buys||€ 0.9363|
|One Euro costs||$ 1.0680|
|One USD buys||£0.8064|
|One GBP costs||
|The following inter-bank rates are for information purposes only and not available at military banks|
|Czech Krone (CZK)||
|Egyptian Pound (EGP)||18.76|
|Hungarian Forint (HUF)||381.85|
|Israeli Shekel (ILS)||3.49|
|Polish Zloty (PLN)||4.51|
|Turkish Lira (TRL)||16.6807|