- 125g butter or margarine at room temperature
- 125g sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 150g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g peeled, ground almond
- 6 drops of bitter almond extract
- 6 spoonfuls of milk
- Powdered sugar to sprinkle
- Lamb cake mold
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius or 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stir the butter until fluffy. Add the sugar, vanilla and salt and mix until creamy.
- Add the eggs and continue to stir until a light cream is formed.
- Mix in the flour and the baking powder. Mix in almonds, bitter almond extract and the milk.
- Spray the lamb mold with cooking spray or lightly coat with butter and lightly sprinkle with flour. Place the lamb cake mold onto a baking sheet. Gradually pour the dough into the center of the mold so the dough does not run along the edge.
- Place in a hot oven for approximately 55 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool completely before gently removing it from the mold. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.