The following events are scheduled in April for Sexual Assault Awareness Month:
• Tuesday and Thursday: Self-defense classes at 7 a.m. at the Ramstein Soutshide Fitenss Center and at noon at the Kleber Gym.
• Wednesday: “Killing Us Softly: Advertising’s Image of Women,” at
1 p.m. in the U.S. Air Forces in Europe conference center.
• April 14: “Sometimes the best beer is a root beer,” from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Vogelweh and Ramstein base exchanges.
• April 17: 5K run/walk at 3 p.m.
• April 22: Booth at health fair for Wellness Day at the Health and Wellness Center.
• April 27 (9 a.m., 2 p.m., 8 p.m.) and April 28 (8 a.m., 11 a.m., 3 p.m.): “Sex Signals” shows at the Hercules theater on Ramstein. This is mandatory for dorm residents and will count toward annual training. Tickets must be obtained in advance from unit first sergeants.
• April 30: Shine the Light Walk at 6 p.m. at the Vogelweh BX.
For more information, call Capt. Shontre McFarlin or Capt. Vanessa Vanden Bout at 480-5597.