1 cup sweet potato puree (see preparation
note on Page 8)
1/3 cup maple syrup
4 tablespoons coconut oil or butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
Nutmeg, for garnish
Almonds, for garnish
• Prepare one cup of sweet potato puree (see preparation note on Page 8)
• Mix the maple syrup and coconut oil or butter over high speed.
• Add the eggs, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice.
• Add in the sweet potato mash, cocoa powder, heavy cream and baking powder. Continue to mix. Finally, add in the chocolate chips.
• Grease an 8×8 brownie pan and preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
• Pour batter into the pan. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes.
• Check if the batter is set by placing a knife in the middle of the batter. If it comes out clean, remove the brownies and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
• Garnish with nutmeg and almonds.