The KMC Housing Office is dedicated to assisting you with friendly reminders to help with your home responsibilities. Remember, the key is not waiting until there is an issue to do something—observation/preventive measures will go a long way when it comes to the elimination of minor issues that could turn into larger ones.
These Tid-Bits should assist you with caring for your home, whether you are on or off-base.
- Remember not to hang anything from your home ceilings.
- Please consider using the Self-Help Store at Ramstein and Vogelweh to ensure/maintain the quality and safety of your home.
- If you have any issues within your residence that is beyond self-help, please call Family Housing Maintenance at 06371-4639510. As residents, you are responsible for the cleanliness and everyday maintenance of your home to include changing light bulbs, replacing sink stoppers or shower hoses, cleaning stove burners and basic pest control.
- Remember to trim your trees and bushes to a height of 4-6ft. Keep your lawns mowed and presentable. If you see something, say something. Help make our community better.
BONUS ON & OFF-BASE
Ventilate your house for a minimum of 30 minutes daily. Ventilating your home by opening windows helps prevent household mold. Cross ventilation is necessary, so interior doors must be opened along with windows on opposing sides.
- Are you experiencing home maintenance challenges? You should immediately talk with your Landlord or call the KMC Housing Referral Office. Contact DSN 489-6643/Commercial 0631-536-6643.
- We recommend that you perform (monthly) inspections of your home for routine maintenance issues. If any maintenance conditions do exist, immediately bring them to the attention of your Landlord for repair/resolution.
- Respect the off-base housing rules. Remember, German laws take precedence over U.S. laws while living in Germany.
- If you have ceiling fans in your home, you should change the rotation of your ceiling fans twice a year to increase energy efficiency, putting less strain on your heating and cooling systems. In the summer, set the fans to rotate counter-clockwise. This method of blade rotation will pull the warm air to the ceiling instead of in your direction.
If you need more information, or have questions/concerns with regards to maintenance in your home, please contact the 86 CES Housing Flight listed below:
- Housing Assistance Office: DSN 489-6671/Commercial 0631-536-6671
- Housing Referral Office: DSN 489-6643/Commercial 0631-536-6643
- Housing Facility Office: DSN 489-7108/Commercial 0631-536-7108
- Vectrus Housing Maintenance: Commercial 06371-4639510
Email your questions/concerns to us at KMCHousing@us.af.mil
You can also follow us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/KMCHousingOffice/