The following is a list of performances and events happening in the KMC and nearby locations. Dates are subject to change.
• Closed for summer vacation. The new play season begins with a theater fest Sept. 9.
For details, call 0631-3675-209 or visit www.pfalztheater.de.
• The Kammgarn is closed until
Sept. 1 for summer vacation. For details, visit www.kammgarn.de.
Kaiserslautern, beer garden, Bremerhof 1:
• Central Park Band presents songs by Simon & Garfunkel, 7:30 p.m. Thursday.
• The Uptown Shufflers present blues, funk and soul, 7:30 p.m. Aug. 24.
Admission to all Bremerhof concerts is free. For more information, visit www.bremerhof-kl.de.
• “Summer Swing,” bands present jazz, 7 to 10 p.m. Wednesdays, through Aug. 23. Admission is free.
• The Jugenheimer Musikfreunde 2001 present a “bouquet of melodies,” in the blue music pavilion, 11 a.m. to
1 p.m. Sunday. A bistro serves snacks and beverages. An adventure playground is next to the blue music pavilion.
SWR radio studio, Emmerich-Smola-Platz 1, Kaiserslautern:
• The German Radio Philharmonics Saarbruecken Kaiserslautern present works by Niccolo Paganini and Boris Blacher, 1 p.m. Aug. 31. Tickets with lunch at noon cost €23; tickets without lunch cost €13.
For tickets and reservations, call the tourist information office at
Bildhaus, Musikclub Ventil, Hahnbacherhof 2, Schallodenbach:
• The band Jam Planet performs songs from the last 60 years, 8:30 p.m. Aug. 19. The park and arts gallery opens 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Aug. 20. Admission is free. For details, visit www.bildhaus.info.
Ramstein-Miesenbach, stage in front of town hall (Rathaus):
• Ramstein Summer Nights feature:
Mexican Night with Los Mexicanos, 8 p.m. today.
Irish Night with Giff Gaffy performing folk from Ireland, Scotland and England and a dance show by the Irish dance school Tir na NOg, 8 p.m. Aug. 18.
Cuban Night with the band Cuban Affairs, 8 p.m. Aug. 25.
Admission to all otudoor performances is free. For details, visit www.hausdesbuergers.de.
• “La Traviata,” an opera by Guiseppe Verdi, 7:30 p.m. Saturday. Tickets at the door cost €35 and €42.
• The band Die Dicken Kinder performs party music on a high level,
8 p.m. Aug. 18. Ticket prices start at €10.
For details, visit www.rockenhausen.de or www.adticket.de.
English Theatre, Gallusanlage 7, Frankfurt:
• “Pygmalion,” a satiric show by Bernard Shaw, Sept. 1 through Oct. 26. Performances are 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays to Saturdays and 6 p.m. Sundays. For details, visit www.english-theatre.org.
• Kaiserslautern, Gartenschau (dino park) with flower shows, lego display, water playground and miniature golf court. Special events Sunday include Protestant worship service, 11 a.m. in Willow Church; and Festival of Cultures with culinary specialties, street theater groups, walking acts and music groups such as La Flecha Negra and Shaian, 11 to 6 p.m. throughout the park. The children’s crafting and games tent is open 2 to 5 p.m. today, Saturday and Sunday. Events Aug. 20 include Catholic worship service, 11 a.m. in Willow Church; and Music in the Park with the choir Vocalis performing famous songs, 2:30 p.m. on the open-air stage. Opening hours are 10 a.m. to
6 p.m., to Oct. 31. For details, visit www.gartenschau-kl.de.
• Kaiserslautern, Japanese Garden, Am Abendsberg 1, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily, to Oct. 31. For details, visit
• Weltersbach, village carnival, Saturday to Monday.
• Schallodenbach, sports field, summer fest, Saturday.
• Hochspeyer, village carnival with parade, Sunday.
• Lauterecken, city fest, today through Monday.
• Waldmohr, Marktplatz, Saarland Day, 11 a.m. Tuesday, with live music, food, drinks and special offers in stores to celebrate the official holiday of Assumption of Mary in the neighbor state of Saarland.
• Weisenheim am Sand (west of Frankenthal), wine fest in vintners’ yards, today through Tuesday.
• Bissersheim (south of Gruenstadt), open yards, wineries open their doors and serve wines and food specialties, starting 5 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. Sunday.
• Kindenheim (north of Gruenstadt), cheesecake hike leads participants through three vineyards with six eating and drinking stands, 11 a.m. Sunday. Each stand offers homemade cheesecake with recipe.
• Deidesheim, wine carnival, today through Tuesday.
• Geiselberg (south of Schopp), village fest, Saturday and Sunday.
• Leimen (near Rodalben), village fest, Saturday and Sunday.
• Merzalben, medieval market on Graefenstein Castle, today to Sunday.
• Speyer, Maximilianstrasse, restaurants serve international food on a long table, starting 6 p.m. today and 11 a.m. Saturday and Sunday; music on Postplatz and children’s activities. For details, visit www.kaisertafel.com.
• Kaiserslautern, Messeplatz fairgrounds, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.
• Kaiserslautern, Pfalz-Center (across from Daenner Kaserne), 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Sembach, near air base tower,
10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
• Saarbruecken, Franz-Josef-Roeder-Strasse, along wall of Schloss (Palace), 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Saarlouis, Globus, Dieselstrasse, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Zweibruecken, Schlossplatz, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.
• Bad Duerkheim, Saline (salt-works, Gutleutstrasse 48), 9 a.m. to
4 p.m. Saturdays.
• Pirmasens, Messplatz, 7 a.m. to
4 p.m. Sunday.