The following is a list of performances and events happening in the KMC and nearby locations. Dates are subject to change.
• Closed for summer vacation. The new play season begins with a theater fest from 2 to 6 p.m. Sept. 9. A theater fest concert is 8 p.m.
• “Lucia di Lammermoor,” an operetta by Gaetano Donizetti, in Italian, 7:30 p.m. Sept. 16, 22 and 26.
• “Anatevka,” “Fiddler on the Roof,” a musical by Jerry Bock, in German, 7:30 p.m. Sept. 23 and Oct. 12 and 27.
For details, call 0631-3675-209 or visit www.pfalztheater.de.
• The Kammgarn is closed until Thursday for summer vacation.
• An arts exhibition with works by one American and three German artists opens at 6 p.m. Sept. 1.
• No Music in K-town features the bands Butt Pretty, Surfing Horses and Oddest By Far, 8 p.m. Sept. 2. Tickets cost €8.
For more information, visit www.kammgarn.de.
Kaiserslautern, beer garden, Bremerhof 1:
• The Flames present a mix of rockabilly, surf, pop, hot and jazz,
7:30 p.m. Thursday.
• The Allstars, numerous musicians who performed once before this season, perform again 7:30 p.m. Sept. 7.
Admission to all Bremerhof concerts is free. For more information, visit www.bremerhof-kl.de.
• Musikverein 1957 Reichenbach celebrates its 60th anniversary with a musical trip through its history, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday. A bistro serves snacks and beverages. An adventure playground is next to the blue music pavilion.
SWR radio studio, Emmerich-Smola-Platz 1, Kaiserslautern:
• The German Radio Philharmonics Saarbruecken Kaiserslautern present works by Niccolo Paganini and Boris Blacher, 1 p.m. Thursday. Tickets with lunch at noon cost €23; tickets without lunch cost €13. For tickets and reservations, call the tourist information office at 0631-365-2317.
Bildhaus, Musikclub Ventil, Hahnbacherhof 2, Schallodenbach:
• The band Civil Service performs songs from the 60s and 70s,
8:30 p.m. Sept. 2. The park and arts gallery opens from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sept. 3. Admission is free. For details, visit www.bildhaus.info.
Ramstein-Miesenbach, stage in front of town hall (Rathaus):
• Ramstein Summer Nights features a Cuban Night with the band Cuban Affairs, 8 p.m. today. Admission is free. For more information, visit www.hausdesbuergers.de.
Waldmohr, historical backyard of Buergerhaus, Saarpfalzstrasse 12:
• The band Just for Fun presents Big Band sound and jazz, 8 p.m. Saturday. Admission is free. Donations are welcome.
English Theatre, Gallusanlage 7, Frankfurt:
• “Pygmalion,” a satiric show by Bernard Shaw, Sept. 1 through
Oct. 26. Performances are 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays to Saturdays and 6 p.m. Sundays. For details, visit www.
• Kaiserslautern, Gartenschau (dino park) with flower shows, lego display, water playground, miniature golf court and special events. Saturday: Open-air movie theater on Kaiserberg hill presents a popular movie, 8 p.m. Visitors can bring cushions and picnic blankets. Sunday: Catholic worship service, 11 a.m. in Willow Church. Sept. 1: Opening of pumpkin display, “Flying,” with objects made of more than 40,000 pumpkins. Opening hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., to Oct. 31. For more information, visit www.gartenschau-kl.de.
• Kaiserslautern, Japanese Garden, Am Abendsberg 1, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily, to Oct. 31. For details, visit www.japanischergarten.de.
• Miesenbach, village carnival, today through Monday.
• Stelzenberg, baking oven fest with fresh bread, cakes from historical baking house, food specialties and entertainment starting at 5 p.m. Saturday and 10:30 a.m. Sunday
• Siegelbach, village carnival, today through Monday.
• Kindsbach, village carnival, tonight to Monday.
• Niederkirchen-Heimkirchen, village carnival, 2 p.m. Sunday.
• Miesau, horse races with electronic betting on race track near Schanzerhof along road L356, 2 p.m. Sunday. Admission fee is €4; children are free.
• Lambsborn, Volksmarching with the local ski and hiking club,
Saturday and Sunday, near community hall, Dorfgemeinschaftshaus,
Am Fehrborn 20.
• Martinshoehe, country market with vendors, farmers, arts, crafts, food, performances, music and children’s activities, 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
• Dannenfels, historical village market with historical craftsmanship demonstrations and vendors selling their merchandise, Saturday and Sunday.
• Waldmohr, display of wooden sculptures and woodcarvings by Karin Waldmann, Sunday to Sept. 10 in Kulturhalle, Bahnhostrasse 57b. Opening hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sundays, 4 to 8 p.m. Fridays and 2 to 6 p.m. Saturdays.
• Speyer, medieval fest, today to Sunday.
• Wachenheim, castle fest, today through Monday.
• Burrweiler, wine fest in vintners’ yards, today through Monday.
• Schifferstadt, Marktplatz 2, arts and crafts market, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday.
• Kaiserslautern, Pfalz-Center (across from Daenner Kaserne), 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Ludwigshafen, near train station, Pasadenallee 15, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Bad Duerkheim, Saline (salt-works, Gutleutstrasse 48), 9 a.m. to
4 p.m. Saturdays.
• Neustadt, Decathlon parking lot, Louis-Escande Strasse 30, 8 a.m. to
4 p.m. Saturday.
• Gruenstadt, Kaufland, Kirchheimer Strasse 39, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
• Saarlouis-Lisdorf, Ikea, Im Hader 1, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.