The following is a list of performances and events happening in the KMC and nearby locations. Dates are subject to change.
• Closed for summer vacation. The new play season begins with a theater fest Sept. 9. For details, call 0631-3675-209 or visit www.pfalztheater.de.
• The Kammgarn is closed until
Sept. 1 for summer vacation. For details, visit www.kammgarn.de.
Kaiserslautern, beer garden, Bremerhof 1:
• The Frankfurt City Blues Band performs at 7:30 p.m. Thursday.
• Central Park Band presents songs by Simon & Garfunkel at 7:30 p.m.
Admission to all Bremerhof concerts is free. For more information, visit www.bremerhof-kl.de.
• “Summer Swing” bands present jazz from 7 to 10 p.m. Wednesdays, through Aug. 23. Admission is free.
• The Jugenheimer Musikfreunde 2001 present a “bouquet of melodies” in the blue music pavilion from
11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aug. 13. A bistro serves snacks and beverages. An adventure playground is next to the blue music pavilion.
SWR radio studio, Emmerich-Smola-Platz 1, Kaiserslautern:
• The German Radio Philharmonics Saarbruecken Kaiserslautern present works by Niccolo Paganini and Boris Blacher at 1 p.m. Aug. 31. Tickets with lunch at noon cost €23; tickets without lunch cost €13. For tickets and reservations, call the tourist information office at 0631-365-2317.
Bildhaus, Musikclub Ventil, Hahnbacherhof 2, Schallodenbach:
• The Rosevalley Sisters perform harmony singing with swing music of the 1930s and 1940s at 8:30 p.m. Saturday. The park and gallery opens at 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday. Admission is free. For details, visit bildhaus.info.
Ramstein-Miesenbach, stage in front of town hall (Rathaus):
• Ramstein Summer Nights feature:
Jamaican Night with Superjam at
8 p.m. today.
Mexican Night with Los Mexicanos at 8 p.m. Aug. 11.
Irish Night with Giff Gaffy performing folk from Ireland, Scotland and England and a dance show by the Irish dance school Tir na NOg at 8 p.m. Aug. 18.
Cuban Night with the band Cuban Affairs at 8 p.m. Aug. 25.
Admission to all otudoor performances is free. For details, visit www.hausdesbuergers.de.
• Carillon concert with Marcel Siebers from the Netherlands at 5 p.m. Sunday.
• Chor Miasta Glubczyce from Poland presents a concert at 8 p.m. Thursday. Admission is free.
• “La Traviata,” an opera by Guiseppe Verdi at 7:30 p.m. Aug. 12. Tickets at the door cost €35 and €42.
English Theatre, Gallusanlage 7, Frankfurt:
• “Pygmalion,” a satiric show by Bernard Shaw, Sept. 1 through Oct. 26. Performances are 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays to Saturdays, and 6 p.m. Sundays. For additional information, visit
• Kaiserslautern, Gartenschau (dino park) with flower shows, lego display, water playground and miniature golf course. At 11 a.m. Sunday there will be an Ecumenical worship service in Willow Church. The children’s crafting and games tent is open from 2 to 5 p.m. daily to Aug. 13. Opening hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., to Oct. 31. For details, visit www.gartenschau-kl.de.
• Kaiserslautern, Japanese Garden, Am Abendsberg 1, open 10 a.m. to
7 p.m. daily, through Oct. 31. For details, visit www.japanischergarten.de.
• Kaiserslautern, Pfalzgalerie Museum, special exhibitions, “Leo Breuer — Constructive,” displaying Breuer’s geometrical-constructive works through Sunday and “n’zaul d’autre” meaning “somewhere else,” sculptures and drawings by Walter Moroder through Aug. 13. Hours are 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesdays, and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesdays to Sundays. For details, visit www.mpk.de.
• Docu Center Ramstein, Schernauer Strasse 46, exhibition, “NCO Club on Ramstein in the 1950s and 1960s,” from 2 to 5 p.m. Tuesdays to Sundays. Admission is free. For details, visit www.dc-ramstein.de.
• Otterbach to Katzweiler, family activities day, instead of Car-free Lauter Valley, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday. The switch tower museum in Otterbach offers free guided tours, and the Reservists Comradeship offers food and live music. Children’s activities and wagon rides are offered in Katzweiler.
• Winnweiler, brewery fest with guided tours, live music, children’s activitie and beer and food specialties from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.
• Dansenberg, village carnival, today to Sunday.
• Steinbach (northeast of Winn-weiler), fisher fest starts at 7 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. Sunday near Buergerhaus.
• Heltersberg, village fest, Saturday and Sunday.
• Pirmasens, schlabbeflicker fest, today and Saturday. Tapping of first keg of beer is 7:30 p.m. today to be followed by live music with the band Teamwork. Saturday bands perform from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Musical fireworks display is at 10:45 p.m.
• Goellheim (north of Eisenberg), archway fest with live music by Pirm Jam and Still Collins at 7:30 today. The official opening is at 5:30 p.m. Saturday to be followed by music from the last 40 years. Unnerhaus Jazz Band will preform at 11 a.m. Sunday and Rosevalley Sisters at 3 p.m.
• Saarbruecken, Saar-Spectacle today to Sunday with dragon boat race at 4 p.m. today, live music and children’s acitivities. For details, visit www.saarspektakel.de.
• Homburg, Am Forum (near Rathaus), 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Bad Duerkheim, Saline (salt-works, Gutleutstrasse 48), 9 a.m. to
4 p.m. Saturdays.
• Mettlach (north of Saarlouis), Marktplatz 7, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday.
• Neunkirchen, Saar-Park Center, Stummplatz 1, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.