by Petra Lessoing
86th Airlift Wing Public Affairs
The following is a list of performances and events happening in the KMC and nearby locations. Dates are subject to change.
• “Lucia di Lammermoor,” an operetta by Gaetano Donizetti, in Italian, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 22 and 26.
• “Anatevka,” Fiddler on the Roof, a musical by Jerry Bock, in German, 7:30 p.m. Sept. 23, Oct. 12 and 27.
• “Das Abschiedsdinner,” a comedy, in German, 8 p.m. Oct. 7, and 6:30 p.m. Oct. 22.
For details, call 0631-3675-209 or visit www.pfalztheater.de.
• Arts exhibition with works by one American and three German artists, open during performance days. Closeout party is 6 p.m. Tuesday.
• Release the Hounds, a metal concert with the bands Project: Icarus, She Sells Sea Shells and Myths of Medea, 8 p.m. today. Tickets cost €6.70.
• The band Emma6 presents pop, rock, Indie, 8 p.m. Saturday. Tickets cost €18.
• Acoustic Guitar Night with the ensembles Magic Acoustic Guitars and Catgut & Steel, 8 p.m. Wednesday. Tickets cost €17.
• New display of Romanian arts opens 6 p.m. Sept. 22.
• The band Serum 114 presents punk rock, 8 p.m. Sept. 22. Tickets cost €25.
For more information, visit www.kammgarn.de.
• The Rheinland-Pfalz State Police Orchestra performs with percussionists from Emmerich-Smola Music School, 5 p.m. Sept. 24. Tickets cost €18.
• From Baroque to Jazz with pianists Sachiko Furuhata-Kersting and Kai Schumacher, 11 a.m. Sept. 27.
• Jazz Stage meets Diversity with multicultural guest band Shaian,
8 p.m. Sept. 29. Tickets cost €15.
For tickets and reservations, call the tourist information office at 0631-365-2317.
Bildhaus, Musikclub Ventil, Hahnbacherhof 2, Schallodenbach:
• Udo’s Lindenwerk, a rock revue with songs by Udo Lindenberg,
8:30 p.m. Saturday. The park and arts gallery opens 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday.
• Acoustic Colour presents renowned songs by Cindy Lauper, Billy Joel, Alicia Keys, etc., 8:30 p.m. Sept. 30. The park and arts gallery are open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Oct. 1. Homemade cakes will be served.
Admission is free. For details, visit bildhaus.info.
• Fresh, a choir from Kaiserslautern presents a capella singing and perform songs by Pink, Bruno Mars, Phil Collins, Coldplay, etc. 7:30 p.m. Sept. 27. Tickets cost €12.
For details and tickets, visit www.stadthalle-landstuhl.de.
Saarbruecken, Saarlaendisches Staatstheater, Schillerplatz 1:
• “Guillaume Tell,” an opera by Gioachino Rossini, in French,
2:30 p.m. Sunday, and 7 p.m. Sept. 23.
• “Sleeping Beauty,” a ballet by Sijn Celis with music by Peter Tschaikowsky, introduction matinee is 7 p.m. Sept. 21. Admission is free.Premier performance is 7:30 p.m. Sept. 30.
For more information, visit www.theater-saarbruecken.de or call 0681-3092-486.
English Theatre, Gallusanlage 7, Frankfurt:
• “Pygmalion,” a satiric show by Bernard Shaw, today through Oct. 26. Performances are 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays to Saturdays, and 6 p.m. Sundays. For details, visit www.english-theatre.org.
• Kaiserslautern, Gartenschau (dino park) with flower shows, lego display, water playground, miniature golf court, pumpkin display and special events. Sunday: Protestant worship service, 11 a.m. in willow church; Music in the Park with the Musikverein Otterbach, 2:30 p.m. on open-air stage in Neumuehlepark. Opening hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., to Oct. 31. For more information, visit www.gartenschau-kl.de.
• Kaiserslautern, Japanese Garden, Am Abendsberg 1, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily, to Oct. 31. For details, visit www.japanischergarten.de.
• Landstuhl, dance ball in Stadthalle, with the show orchestra Kim & Kas, 7:30 p.m. Saturday. Festive attire is requested. Tickets cost €25. For details, visit www.stadthalle-landstuhl.de.
• Landstuhl, fire station offers Open House with vehicle display, firefighter demonstrations, children’s activities, food, 11 a.m. Sunday.
• Ramstein-Miesenbach, village carnival, today through Monday.
• Waldmohr, children’s and famliy fest, 11 a.m. Sunday at sports grounds, Eichelscheiderstrasse.
• Kottweiler-Schwanden, village carnival, Saturday through Monday.
• Otterbach, wine fest at fire station, Im Bruehl 3, 2 p.m. Saturday.
• Siegelbach, village carnival, tonight to Monday; music and dancing with Favorits, 8 p.m. Saturday in fest tent; parade 1 p.m. Sunday.
• Schallodenbach, village carnival, Sunday.
• Hoeringen, street fest with dancing, music and food in fest tent, 6 p.m. Saturday.
• Hefersweiler (northeast of Kreimbach-Kaulbach), European farmers’ market, Saturday and Sunday.
• Pirmasens, children’s day on Schlossplatz, Saturday, and Exe fest, today to Sunday; Brass Machine performs 8 p.m. today; stores open 1 to
6 p.m. Sunday..
• Landau, fall market with wine
village, today to Monday.
• Harthausen (southwest of Speyer), tobacco village fest, today to Monday.
• Speyer, farmers market, Saturday and Sunday.
• Rhodt unter Rietburg (south of Edenkoben), new wine fest, today to Sunday.
• Albisheim (on B47, north of Eisenberg), market and Kings’ fest, today to Monday.
• Kaiserslautern, Pfalz-Center (across from Daenner Kaserne), 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
.• Neustadt, Decathlon parking lot, Louis-Escande Strasse 30, 8 a.m. to
4 p.m. Saturday.
• Ludwigshafen, Jacob-von-Lavale-Platz (behind train station) 7 a.m. to
2 p.m. today, and 1 to 6 p.m. Saturday.
• Zweibruecken, Schlossplatz,
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.
• Heidelberg, Messplatz, 8 a.m. to
2 p.m. Saturday.