The following is a list of performances and events happening in the KMC and nearby locations. Dates are subject to change.
• The new play season begins with a theater fest with rehearsals, music and dances, 2 to 6 p.m. Saturday. A theater fest concert is 8 p.m.
• “Lucia di Lammermoor,” an operetta by Gaetano Donizetti, in Italian, 7:30 p.m. Sept. 16, 22 and 26.
• “Anatevka,” Fiddler on the Roof, a musical by Jerry Bock, in German, 7:30 p.m. Sept. 23, Oct. 12 and 27.
• “Das Abschiedsdinner,” a comedy, in German, 8 p.m. Oct. 7, and 6:30 p.m. Oct. 22
For details, call 0631-3675-209 or visit www.pfalztheater.de.
• Arts exhibition with works by one American and three German artists, open during performance days.
Closeout party is 6 p.m. Sept. 19.
• Nuit de la Chanson with host Pauline Ngoc and guests presenting French chansons, 8 p.m. today. Tickets cost €19.
• Release the Hounds, a metal concert with the bands Project: Icarus, She Sells Sea Shells and Myths of Medea, 8 p.m. Sept. 15. Tickets cost €6.70.
• The band Emma6 presents pop, rock, Indie, 8 p.m. Sept. 16. Tickets cost €18.
• Acoustic Guitar Night with the ensembles Magic Acoustic Guitars and Catgut & Steel, 8 p.m. Sept. 20. Tickets cost €17.
• New display of Romanian arts opens 6 p.m. Sept. 22.
For more information, visit
• The German Radio Philharmonics Saarbruecken Kaiserslautern present works by Alban Berg, Ludwig van Beethoven and Einojuhani Rautavaara, 8 p.m. today. Tickets cost €17 to €26.
• The Rheinland-Pfalz State Police Orchestra performs with percussionists from Emmerich-Smola Music School, 5 p.m. Sept. 24. Tickets cost €18.
• From Baroque to Jazz with pianists Sachiko Furuhata-Kersting and Kai Schumacher, 11 a.m. Sept. 27.
• Jazz Stage meets Diversity with multicultural guest band Shaian,
8 p.m. Sept. 29. Tickets cost €15.
For tickets and reservations, call the tourist information office at
Kaiserslautern, beer garden, Bremerhof 1:
• A charity music fest is
7:30 p.m. Thursday. Admission is free. For more information, visit www.bremerhof-kl.de.
• The symphonic orchestra of the Moosalbtaler Blasmusik presents a variety of brass music and pop, rock and movies music, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday. A bistro serves snacks and beverages. An adventure playground is next to the blue music pavilion.
• Integration concert with singer Bianca Basler and pianist David Punstein, 7 p.m. today. Tickets cost €10; refugees are admitted free.
Bildhaus, Musikclub Ventil, Hahnbacherhof 2, Schallodenbach:
• Udo’s Lindenwerk, a rock revue with songs by Udo Lindenberg,
8:30 p.m. Sept. 16. The park and arts gallery opens 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sept. 17. Admission is free. For details, visit bildhaus.info.
Otterberg, Abbey Church:
• Schola Gregoriana Pragensis presents medieval clerical music,
8 p.m. Saturday. Tickets cost €18.
Saarbruecken, Saarlaendisches Staatstheater, Schillerplatz 1:
• “Guillaume Tell,” an opera by Gioachino Rossini, in French, 6 to 9:45 p.m. Sunday; 7 p.m. Thursday and Sept. 23; and 2:30 p.m. Sept. 17. For more information, visit www.theater-saarbruecken.de or call 0681-3092-486.
English Theatre, Gallusanlage 7, Frankfurt:
• “Pygmalion,” a satiric show by Bernard Shaw, today through Oct. 26. Performances are 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays to Saturdays, and 6 p.m. Sundays. For details, visit www.english-theatre.org.
• Kaiserslautern, Gartenschau (dino park) with flower shows, lego display, water playground, miniature golf court, pumpkin display and special events. Sunday: Catholic worship service,
11 a.m. in willow church; Family Day, noon to 6 p.m.in Neumuehlepark. Opening hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., to Oct. 31. For more information, visit www.gartenschau-kl.de.
• Kaiserslautern, Japanese Garden, Am Abendsberg 1, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily, to Oct. 31. For details, visit www.japanischergarten.de.
• Otterberg, light and sound event near Abbey church and on Kirchplatz, 9 p.m. today. Music by Music Academy Kaiserslautern. Admission is free. KulturArt association offers food specialties. Hauptstrasse near Kirchplatz is closed to motorized traffic.
• Otterberg, fire station (Hauptstrasse 8a) offers Open House with vehicle display, firefighter demonstrations, children’s activities, food, 11 a.m. Sunday.
• Heiligenmoschel, village carnival, Saturday. The Band Favorits plays 8 p.m. in Mehrzweckhalle (community hall).
• Katzweiler, village carnival, Saturday and Sunday; parade leads through village 10:30 a.m. Sunday.
• Grossbundenbach (south of Bruchmuehlbach), walnut fest, Sunday, with craftsmanship demonstrations, guided church tours, food specialties made with walnuts.
• Zweibruecken, vintage vehicle meeting, Forever Young, 10 a.m. Saturday on Herzogplatz; fashion show and music, 11 a.m; and awarding of winners, 3 p.m.
• Speyer, old town fest, today and Saturday.
• Gleiszellen-Gleishorbach, wine fest, Saturday through Tuesday.
• Landau, fall market with wine village, Saturday to Sept. 18.
• Kaiserslautern, ladies’ flea market, Fritz-Walter Stadium, fan hall Nord, Saturday.
• Sembach, Gewerbepark, near tower, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
• Ramstein, flea market hall, Flurstrasse 4, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. today, and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Neustadt, Decathlon parking lot, Louis-Escande Strasse 30, 8 a.m. to
4 p.m. Saturday.
• Saarbruecken, Franz-Josef-Roeder-Strasse, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Neunkirchen, Saarpark Center, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.