Legal office closure
The Ramstein Legal Office, Bldg. 2137, will be closed from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday for an official function. The walk-in legal assistance that normally runs from 9 to 11 a.m. will run from 8 to 10 a.m. Wednesday.
UH superintendent job opening
The 86th Civil Engineer Squadron has a vacancy for the unaccompanied housing superintendent position. The UH superintendent oversees 13 Airmen dormitory leaders who manage 17 dormitories valued at $210 million and house over 1,300 Airmen across Ramstein and Kapaun.
The primary mission of the UH section is to:
• Provide a clean, safe and secure living environment for residents
• Manage day-to-day operations of permanent party UH facilities
• Determine eligibility, assign, terminate and maintain waiting lists for quarters
• Conduct initial, pre-final and final inspections
• Promote and implement quality-of-life improvements to dormitories
• Mentor residents and assist them in their adjustment to military life, development of military attitude and enhancement of social skills
• Ensure resident compliance with directives and military living standards
• Maintain open lines of communication between residents, first sergeants, commanders and wing leadership
• Duties as required in AFI 32-6005 and applicable supplements
UH Superintendent application criteria is as follows:
• Must be E-7
• Two years remaining on station
• Local commute within 30 minutes of Ramstein
• No selective re-enlistment bonus in current Air Force specialty code
To apply, compile the following package:
• Current SURF
• Current physical training assessment printout with minimum fitness score of 80 percent
• Last three enlisted performance reports
• Commander’s letter of recommendation
Those interested should send complete packages by Tuesday to Debbie Perez at firstname.lastname@example.org and Senior Master Sgt. Calandra Folds at email@example.com.
The munitions storage area will be closed to all account custodians Sept. 5 to 9 to conduct a 100 percent munitions stockpile inventory. Only emergency issue requests approved by the respective group commander may be submitted.
Voters week at KMCC
An absentee voters week is scheduled from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sept. 26 to 30 at the Kaiserslautern Military Community Center on Ramstein. There will be information on getting registered to vote, receiving and submitting an absentee ballot and more. For more information call 479-VOTE (8683).
Passport hours change
Customer service hours for the Kleber passport office have changed. Passports and birth registration will be by appointment only. Appointments can be set up by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Customers must specify the number of applicants in the email and the type of passport or service required.
The new servicing hours will be from 8 a.m. to noon Mondays, noon to 4 p.m. Tuesdays and 8 a.m. to noon Thursdays, with a maximum of 50 applications to be serviced during those periods.
Walk-in hours for all services not offered as appointments, including status of forces agreement, ration card, passport pickup and suspense application, will be from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Mondays to Thursdays. Sign in at the customer service desk in Room 103.
For more information, visit www.rp.army.mil/directorates/hr.htm.
The Rheinland-Pfalz International Choir is looking for singers, especially men, to join. In addition, the choir director has set a recent goal to increase the choir’s strength with up to 15 new singers. RPIC resumes rehearsals at 7 p.m. Sept. 6 in the Protestant Community Center, Erzhuetter Strasse 68, 67659 Kaiserslautern. For more information, visit www.sing-rpic.de or call Angela Benra at 0631-370-5435 or Dick White at 0631-350-8625.
The Deutsches Haus restaurant on Ramstein, run by German armed forces, offers lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and dinner from 5 to 9 p.m. For more information about the menu, reservations and special events, visit www.deutscheshausramstein.de.