• The KMC Housing Office as well as the Furnishings Management Section will be closed Monday in observation of Presidents Day.
• The Furnishings Management Section will be closed for furniture delivery and pick up Feb. 25 and 26 due to the annual inventory check. The Customer Service Section remains open with regular hours.
• Ramstein Outdoor Recreation’s automatic belay systems are out of order until further notice due to annual maintenance requirements.
• Romano’s Macaroni Grill in the KMCC will be closed for maintenance from Tuesday through late 2016. The closure is due to repair of the subflooring and replacement of flooring tile throughout the entire facility. During this time Romano’s Macaroni Grill will move into the Ramstein Officers’ Club with a tentative opening in May 2016.
Gate hours change
Effective Thursday, the Kapaun main entry gate, Gate-1, operating hours will be reduced from 24/7 operations to 12 hours per day. The gate will open from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Patrons must utilize the Pulaski Barracks entry control point, located on Im Haderwald, for access to Vogelweh and Kapaun during closure hours.
Effective at 10 p.m. March 4, the Vogelweh Family Housing B-270 gate, Gate-9, will be closed until further notice due to construction requirements. Patrons must utilize the Armstrong gate, Gate-8, located on Pariser Strasse for entry and exit from Vogelweh Family Housing.
African-American History Month
To highlight Februrary as African-American History Month, the following events are scheduled:
• Bowl-A-Thon, 2 to 5 p.m. today at the Ramstein Bowling Alley. For details, call 06371-8020400.
• Storytime, 10 a.m. Thursday at the Ramstein Library. For details, call 0631-536-7665.
• Historical Black Colleges and Universities Exposition, 1:45 p.m. Thursday at Kaiserslautern High School. For details, call 480-7441.
• HBCU Exposition, 1:30 p.m. Feb. 26 at Ramstein High School. For details, call 480-2162.
• Taste of African-American Heritage and Trivia, 11 a.m. Feb. 29 at the Ramstein Enlisted Club. For details, call 480-5469 or 489-7329.
The German-American and International Women’s Club Kaiserslautern will hold its annual Pfennig Bazaar March 4 to 6 in the event hall of the Kaiserslautern Gartenschau. Donations of clothes, bed linens, toys, purses, small electrical appliances, household goods, paintings and books are needed for this traditional flea market. Donations can be dropped off from 9 a.m. to noon each Friday and Saturday in February at Hackstrasse 4 in Kaiserslautern. For details, call the club’s president at 0160-9932-7090 or visit www.gaiwc.com.
TMO hours change
Transportation Management Office on Ramstein, Bldg. 2106, will change its customer service hours March 1. The new walk-in hours will be from 7:30 a.m. to noon Mondays through Fridays. Appointment-only hours will be from noon to 4:30 p.m. Mondays through Fridays. For details, call 480-3638.