Ben Affleck presents free movie
The USO and Army and Air Force Exchange Service will welcome special guest Ben Affleck to Ramstein for free screenings of “Live By Night” Saturday at the Kaiserslautern Military Community Center Reel Time Theater. Show times are at 5, 5:10, 5:20 and 5:30 p.m. and limited tickets are available at KMCC food court restaurants. Guests are advised to arrive early, as seating is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. A ticket does not guarantee you a seat. For more information, contact the Reel Time Theater.
The KMC Housing Office and Furnishings Management Section will be closed Monday in observation of the holiday.
USO starts new program
USO Kaiserslautern will start a new Discover Program offering the following:
- German baking classes — Baking for Fasching: 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday and 6 to 9 p.m. Jan. 24, both at the Kapaun Chapel Annex, Bldg. 2782
- German language class — 12 lessons: 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays Jan. 23 through March 6 on Kapaun, Bldg. 2775, room 9
- Kaiserslautern orientation tour — Willkommen in Kaiserslautern, featuring Barbarossa’s castle and underground tunnels: Jan. 28. Participants will be picked up by bus at 8 a.m. at the Vogelweh Bowling Center parking lot and at 8:30 a.m. in front of the passenger terminal on Ramstein. Estimated return time is 4:10 p.m. on Ramstein and 4:30 p.m. on Vogelweh.
For details, email email@example.com.
The Armed Services Blood Program-Europe will be conducting the following blood drives:
Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the 86th Civil Engineer Squadron Warehouse, Bldg. 518, on Ramstein; hosted by 86th Communications Squadron
- Jan. 24: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Landstuhl Heaton Auditorium
- Jan. 31: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Kaiserslautern Military Community Center food court on Ramstein
- Feb. 1: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Airman Leadership School, Bldg. 2795, on Kapaun
- Feb. 13: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Crossroads Community Center Skating Rink, Bldg. 2053, on Vogelweh
- Feb. 15: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Hall of Champions Fitness Center, Bldg. 8105, in Baumholder
- Feb. 21: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at KMCC food court on Ramstein
- Feb. 27: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Landstuhl Heaton Auditorium
To make an appointment to donate, visit www.MilitaryDonor.com. Click on “Donate Blood,” then click “Landstuhl, Germany.” Walk-ins are welcome.
For more information, call 590-5958 or 06371-9464-5885, or find it on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ASBBCEUR.
Events for retirees
The KMC Retiree Council has scheduled a retiree luncheon from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at the Kaiserslautern Military Community Center food court activity room. There will be an informational presentation by a local German tax advisor regarding German taxes, residency and other topics. All retirees, spouses, and retiree widows and widowers are welcome to attend.
A Retire in Germany briefing will be held at 1:30 p.m. Jan. 26 on Ramstein in Bldg. 2120, room 105.
To register for the luncheon or the briefing, contact the 86th Airlift Wing Retiree Activities office at 480-5486 or 06371-47-5486, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Armed Services Blood Bank Center-Europe needs units and organizations to host blood drives in the local area. All blood collected will stay within the military. For details, call 590-5885 or 06371-9464-5885, or email email@example.com.
Garbage Guide app
In January, the waste management of the County Administration Kaiserslautern will provide the “Garbage Guide KL County” app for KMC residents. The app includes the amended refuse collection plans, a reminder function for the collection days and a lot of information about waste management. To download the app, visit www.kaiserslautern-kreis.de/Verwaltung/Abfallwirtschaft, click on the English flag and then on the garbage guide below to see the QR code.
Survivor Benefit Plan
For those considering military retirement, one decision you will need to make before you retire involves participation in the Survivor Benefit Plan. As with all good decision making, you need to know the facts before you can make a sound decision. Be wary of anyone telling you they can offer you a better deal. Get the true facts about the SBP before making up your mind by contacting your SBP counselor, Dr. Richard Eleby, at 480-5759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.