- The KMC Housing Office and Furnishings Management Section will close at 11:30 a.m. Feb. 8 due to training. Customer service hours will resume Feb. 9.
- The KMC Housing Office and Furnishings Management Section will be closed Feb. 20 in observation of the holiday. Customer service hours will resume Feb. 21.
Due to construction on L369, the speed limit to and from the Ramstein East Gate is decreased from 50 kph to 30 kph in both directions. Construction signs are visible, as this work will continue until mid-February 2018. The speed limit reduction will remain until further notice.
RAO newsletter not mailing
Due to cost, the 86th Airlift Wing Retiree Activities Office/KMC Retiree Council semi-annual newsletters will no longer be mailed to German or military postal service addresses. The newsletter will continue to be sent out via email and posted on their Facebook page, as well as the garrison and the wing websites. If you have not provided your email address, do so at email@example.com. For those without a computer, you may still get a copy by either visiting the RAO, Bldg. 2120, room 108, or at the Internal Medicine Clinic at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center.
The Armed Services Blood Program-Europe will be conducting the following blood drives:
- Tuesday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Kaiserslautern Military Community Center food court on Ramstein
- Wednesday: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Airman Leadership School, Bldg. 2795, on Kapaun
- Feb. 13: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Crossroads Community Center Skating Rink, Bldg. 2053, on Vogelweh
- Feb. 15: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Hall of Champions Fitness Center, Bldg. 8105, in Baumholder
- Feb. 21: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at KMCC food court on Ramstein
- Feb. 27: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Landstuhl Heaton Auditorium
To make an appointment to donate, visit www.MilitaryDonor.com. Click on “Donate Blood,” then click “Landstuhl, Germany.” Walk-ins are welcome.
For more information, call 590-5958 or 06371-9464-5885, or find it on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ASBBCEUR.
Kleber ID card, passport office
The Kleber Kaserne ID card office, passport office and customer service desk will close from noon to 1 p.m. daily for lunch starting Wednesday. Additionally, the ID card office will be going to an appointment-only system. Customers can schedule appointments at https://rapids-appointments.dmdc.osd.mil. The limit for each appointment is two ID cards. Customers requiring additional cards must make subsequent appointments. Walk-ins will no longer be accepted unless under emergency conditions, as determined by the ID card staff.
Do you have trouble sleeping? Why not participate in the Brain Entrainment and Sleep Technology Study? Landstuhl Regional Medical Center is looking for participants located within the KMC who would like to try an innovative sound technology that may help them sleep. Participants will use the sound technology in the privacy of their own home, have their blood drawn and complete questionnaires during this four-week study. As compensation, participants will receive two $25 gift certificates. To be in the study, you must be a military health care beneficiary who is having difficulty sleeping, located in the KMC, eligible for health care at LRMC or its outlying clinics, 18 years or older and able to commit to four weeks. For more information call 590-4059 or 06371-9464-4059 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plantar fasciitis research study
Do you have foot or heel pain? Are you interested in trying a safe, innovative laser therapy treatment? If you are between the ages of 18 and 65, are eligible for care at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center and have plantar fasciitis, you might be eligible to take part in this study. Participation is voluntary and confidential. For details, call 590-4059 or 06371-9464-4059, or email email@example.com.