The annual USO Europe Home for the Holidays Giveaway contest will run through Thursday. They will pick 16 winners Nov. 22 and announce them Nov. 23. The contest is open to service members who are E-4 or below, single and stationed in the European theater. Prizes include a roundtrip ticket back to the states, a smartphone and $250 spending cash. Service members can enter through the website at www.europe.uso.org and can receive an additional entry by successfully referring a friend.
The KMC Housing Office and Furnishings Management Section will be closed today for observation of the holiday.
Native American art work will be displayed from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Wednesday at the Kaiserslautern Military Community Center. Theme of this year’s national American Indian Heritage Month is “Serving Our Nations.” For details, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Armed Services Blood Program-Europe will conduct blood drives on the following dates:
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday at the Kaiserslautern Military Community Center food court
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday at the Brick House in Spangdahlem
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 21 at Landstuhl Heaton Auditorium
To make an appointment to donate, visit www.militarydonor.com. Click on “Donate Blood,” then click “Landstuhl, Germany” and find a blood drive near you. Walk-ins are welcome.
For more information, call 590-5958 or 06371-9464-5885, or find it on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ASBBCEUR.
American Forces Network camera crews will visit the KMC to record greetings that will run on stateside television networks during the holiday season. Service members and civilian employees from all branches of service, their family members and Department of Defense civilians are eligible to participate. A camera crew will record greetings from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday at the Landstuhl Regional Medical Center dining facility, and 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 3 to 7 p.m. Wednesday and Nov. 18 at the Kaiserslautern Military Community Center food court. Service members recording greetings must be in uniform. Family members and spouses should come with their sponsors; however, if the military member is deployed or on temporary duty, his or her spouse and children may record a greeting.
Workshop for retirees
The KMC Retiree Council and the 86th Airlift Wing Retiree Activities Office will present a “What a Surviving Spouse Needs to Know” workshop Thursday at the Ramstein Enlisted Club in the former Rockers restaurant area. This workshop needs to be attended by both the retired member and the spouse. It helps both individuals understand the steps required when one member dies. Participation is limited. To register and for more information, call 06371-47-5486 or 480-5486, or email email@example.com.
Current off-limits list
U.S. Forces personnel are prohibited from entering establishments or conducting business with the below firms, individuals and organizations, except as required by official business. U.S. Forces military members who violate this prohibition are subject to punishment under the Uniform Code of Military Justice. Civilians are cautioned these establishments have been declared off-limits to members of the armed forces because the commander has determined they threaten the health, safety, morale or welfare of service members.
- Axel Burghammer (Car Sales), Alex Müller Strasse 97, Kaiserslautern
- Ramona Fröhlich (Day Care), Hebelstrasse 12, Katzweiler
- Talip Gundogan (The Green Smile), Kaemmererstrasse 69, Worms
- Mohammand Koohi (Arya Club), Steinstrasse 56, Kaiserslautern
- Edgar Mayer (Autohause Mayer and Gas Station), Kaiserstrasse 87, Bruchmuehlbach
- Brigitte Weinand (Day Care), Am Rathaus 4, Landstuhl
- Steffen Wick (Investment Business), Auf Dem Riedel 21, Waldfischbach
- Temporarily off-limits to U.S. Air Force and Army members in the KMC for 45 days: Massage-by-Gary (and any massage business operated by Mr. Gary MacNeil), Auf der Platte 48 in 67686 Mackenbach