The Armed Services Blood Program-Europe will be conducting the following blood drives:
- 9 am. to 3 p.m. Monday at Landstuhl Heaton Auditorium
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 29 at the 435th Air Ground Operations Wing vehicle bay, Bldg. 2249, on Ramstein
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 30 at the 24th Intelligence Service, Ramstein Community Center, Bldg. 412
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 12 at the Kleber Kaserne Fitness Center, Bldg. 235
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 14 at the Hall of Champions Fitness Center, Bldg. 8105, in Baumholder
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 19 at the Kaiserslautern Military Community Center food court
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 28 at Landstuhl Heaton Auditorium
To make an appointment to donate, visit www.MilitaryDonor.com. Click on “Donate Blood,” then click “Landstuhl, Germany.” Walk-ins are welcome.
For more information, call 590-5958 or 06371-9464-5885, or find it on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ASBBCEUR.
The KMC Housing Office and Furnishings Management Section will be closed Thursday and Nov. 25 for observation of Thanksgiving.
Tree cutting near high school
The State Forest Department will conduct tree cutting at the edge of the forest along the Ramstein High School parking lot and West Virginia Lane starting Thursday. Tree cutting will be conducted in four phases and take until spring 2017. The jogging path will be impacted and the parking lot will be partially closed.
- The Christmas tree lighting at the Ramstein North Chapel will be at 4:30 p.m. Nov. 28. A tree-lighting after-party with Santa and cookies will follow at 5:30 p.m. at the Ramstein Officers’ Club.
- At the Vogelweh Chapel, the Christmas tree lighting will be at 4:30 p.m. Nov. 29.
The Joint Travel Regulation was recently updated to streamline the process for using restricted airfare when City Pair fares are not available. Approving officials are no longer required to use the Restricted Airfare Checklist when City Pair is not available. Due to different restrictions on overseas flights, travelers should request Commercial Travel Office assistance within the Defense Travel System module when booking flights. Travelers should check with their approving official for approval of orders to ensure proper ticketing. For more information, visit www.defensetravel.dod.mil/site/news.cfm?ID=291.
No glasses in passport photos
Since Nov. 1, customers must remove their eye glasses when taking a photo for a U.S. passport. This change in the requirement allows officials to more readily identify their customers. Photos of customers wearing eye glasses often have a glare on the lens. Glasses also create shadows on customers’ faces or block a portion of their eyes. Customers may wear glasses only in rare circumstances of medical necessity. In these cases, customers should obtain a signed statement from a medical professional or health practitioner.
City employees read meters
Employees of Stadtwerke Kaiserslautern and Stadtwerke Ramstein-Miesenbach, the city works in charge of electricity, gas and water, are currently visiting customers to read their meters. Every meter reader has a company badge customers can ask to see. If meter readers are unable to reach customers at home, they will leave a message. Those customers are asked to read the meters themselves and report the readings to Stadtwerke as soon as possible. Customers of Stadtwerke Ramstein-Miesenbach can email their meter readings to SK@Stadtwerke-Ramstein.de or visit www.stadtwerke-ramstein.de. Customers of Stadtwerke Kaiserslautern should email their meter readings to firstname.lastname@example.org, visit www.swk24.de or call 0631-8001-1999. If customers don’t notify their city works, their consumption will be estimated. Officials ask customers to remove all objects in front of the meters to make the reading as easy as possible.