Town center closes
The Weilerbach town center will be closed for traffic through April 22. Motorists should follow the detour signs and obey the “do not park” signs.
- The Furnishings Management Section will be closed for furniture delivery and pickup April 10 and 11 due to the annual inventory check. The Customer Service Section will remain open with regular hours.
- The KMC Housing Office and Furnishings Management Section will close at 11:30 a.m. April 12 due to training.
- The KMC Housing Office and Furnishings Management Section will be closed April 14 and 17 due to German legal holidays.
The Armed Services Blood Program-Europe will be conducting the following blood drives:
- Monday: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Vogelweh Crossroads Community Center Skating Rink/E-Street Cafe
- April 10: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Landstuhl Heaton Auditorium
- April 11: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 603rd Air and Space Operations Center, Bldg. 570, on Ramstein
- April 12: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Hall of Champions Fitness Center, Bldg. 8105, Baumholder
- April 25: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Kaiserslautern Military Community Center food court
To make an appointment to donate, visit www.MilitaryDonor.com. Click on “Donate Blood,” then click “Landstuhl, Germany.” Walk-ins are welcome.
For more information, call 590-5958 or 06371-9464-5885, or find it on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ASBBCEUR.
ADAPT Trivia Night
The Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention program will sponsor ADAPT Trivia Night at 7 p.m. each Monday in April at the Ramstein Enlisted Club. ADAPT will also pass out information and supplies during the event. For details, call 479-2398.
The 86th Medical Operations Squadron is offering an alcohol awareness essay contest. Topic is: How has alcohol affected you or someone you know as an Airman, socially, personally and/or occupationally? All military branches and ranks are allowed to participate. Submissions should be at least be 500 words and are due by April 21 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program for military spouses
The FINRA Foundation Military Spouse Fellowship program is now accepting applications for the 2017 class. Applications are accepted online at www.militaryspouseafcpe.org through April 21. The fellowship program certifies military spouses to provide financial counseling and education within the military community and beyond. The FINRA Foundation covers the costs of the program coursework and testing for the self-study program. Upon successful completion of the program, FINRA Foundation fellows are awarded the Accredited Financial Counselor certification from The Association for Financial Counseling and Planning Education. The program helps military spouses achieve career goals and aspirations and enhance job-related marketability, all while developing personal financial management skills.
Volunteers and support is needed for the Rheinland-Pfalz KMC Special Olympics May 19 at Ramstein Southside Fitness Center. For details, email KMCRPSpecialOlympics@gmail.com or visit the KMC Rheinland-Pfalz Special Olympics Facebook page.
Garbage guide app
The waste management office of the County Administration Kaiserslautern is offering the Garbage Guide KL County app for KMC residents. The app includes the amended refuse collection plans, a reminder function for the collection days and a lot of information about waste management. To download the app, visit www.kaiserslautern-kreis.de/Verwaltung/Abfallwirtschaft, click on the English flag and then on the Garbage Guide below to see the QR code.