Air Force Personnel Center officials will conduct the annual Nurse Enlisted Commissioning Program board May 4 to 8 to select candidates for fall 2009 and spring 2010 semester start dates.
The program offers active-duty enlisted personnel the opportunity to earn a bachelor’s degree in a high-need academic major. NECP students will complete their degree at a college or university with an Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps detachment or a college or university with a cross-town agreement.
A cross-town agreement is an agreement between a host school with an AFROTC Detachment and another school in the local area. The agreement contains a clause allowing students to attend the school but tuition/fees are paid by the AFROTC Detachment.
The Nurse Corps hopes to select 40 students for the upcoming fall and spring semesters.
To be considered by the board, Airmen must contact the local base education office to review the NECP guidelines for eligibility/academic requirements, application procedures and contact information.
Interested Airmen must complete the following actions:
• Notify HQ AFPC of intent to apply no later than February
• Send all transcripts for an academic evaluation no later than March 20
• Submit the final application by April 20.
• Be active-duty, E-4 and above
• Be a U.S. citizen
• Be commissioned by age 42
• Be worldwide qualified
• Meet all the requirements for commissioning
• Meet all prerequisites to complete an academic review
• Have completed 59 semester hours of graded college coursework from a regionally accredited college or university
• Have completed the following courses as part of the required 59 hours: general psychology, anatomy and physiology I and II, microbiology, chemistry I and II, nutrition and statistics. Completed application packages should be sent to HQ AFPC/DPAMN, 550 C. Street West Ste 25, Randolph AFB, TX, 78150-4727.
Students will commission after passing the National Council Licensure Examination and then attend Commissioned Officer Training and the Nurse Transition Program. Reserve and Air National Guard personnel are not eligible to apply. Call Calvin Baker at 665-2715 or (210) 565-2715 for more information.
(Courtesy of the Air Force