Lilanni Alvarado, 7, reads to 6-year-old Umka, who’s owned by Red Cross volunteer Nina Dorris, during the U.S. Army Garrison Rheinland-Pfalz Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation Paws & Pals program Jan. 21 at the Rheinland-Pfalz Main Library on Wilson Barracks in Landstuhl. Umka, which is Russian for “smart,” has participated in the monthly program that helps children improve their literacy skills since fall 2014. Umka and fellow certified dog volunteer Molly, a 7-year-old miniature poodle owned by Treia Graham, also regularly visit Landstuhl Regional Medical Center and USO transition centers to spread cheer to patients and redeploying service members. Paws & Pals is a free program open to pre-schoolers through middle-school-aged children. The next event is scheduled for 3 to 5 p.m. Feb. 18 at the Rheinland-Pfalz Main Library. To sign up, visit the library’s circulation desk, or call 486-7322 or 06371-86-7322.
Kaiserslautern American - May 26, 2023View & Download Past EditionsSignup for Email Delivery
What people are reading this week:
- Ramstein AB Reel Time On-Base Movie Theater Schedule
- Sembach Vehicle Registration Virtual Line
- Germans observe Pentecost Sunday, Monday
- Contact Us
- Welcome to the KMC Housing Office
- Movie Schedule
- Base access, visitor process explained
- 86th AW leadership meet fuels team
- Local festivals, fairs, and fun!