Additional agencies to be represented
Personnel in the KMC will have the chance to get travel and/or citizenship documents quicker this month. The Ramstein Passport Office is hosting a Consular Outreach Day 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 29 at the Hercules Theater, Bldg. 2101. Representatives from the U.S. Consulate office in Frankfurt, the Department of Homeland Security, the Immigrant Visa Unit and the Federal Benefits Unit (Social Security Administration) will all be available. During this time, customers can submit all required paperwork, photos, and payments required for passports.
Passport applicants should bring the following documents:
• A completed – but unsigned – passport application. Signatures must be made before an official witness. The forms can be picked up at the Passport Office in Bldg. 2106, Room 101 or online at http://travel.state.gov.
• Originals and one copy of proof of citizenship documents, such as a birth certificate or previously issued passport.
• Two identical 2-by-2-inch full-face photos. A photographer will be available to take photos at the Hercules Theater for $6.
• A money order (personal checks not accepted) for the exact amount. The post office will have a representative at Outreach Day to sell money orders.
• Children – under the age of 16 − $82
• Adult – never had a passport − $97
• Adult – lost/stolen/mutilated passport − $97
• Adult – renewal of passport issued after the 16th birthday and issued less than 15 years ago − $67
• Adult − renewal of passport issued more than 15 years ago − $97
• Name changes – if the passport was issued less than one year ago there will be no charge
• Name changes – if the passport was issued more than one year ago − $67
Homeland Security will provide info on:
• Green card petitions
The Immigrant Visa Unit will provide info on:
The Federal Benefits Unit will provide info on:
• Social Security applications
• Benefit entitlements/VA entitlements
• Claims leads
• Disability examinations
For more information contact the Ramstein Passport Office at 480-2240 or 06371-47-2240, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Due to this event, the Passport Office will be closed March 29.
However, assistance can be provided at the Hercules Theater.