The Kaiserslautern American thinks you work hard for your country, so we want to give you a chance to win a great day trip to the city of Matzenbach for you and 20 of your co-workers, a prize valued at about €700. Complete the Fourth of July quiz below and send the answers, along with your name, rank, unit and a number where you can be reached, to email@example.com. The KA will accept answers until July 10. The date of the trip will be arranged with the winner upon notification.
The winner and 20 of his or her collegues will be treated to a day trip to the picturesque city of Matzenbach, where they will take part in archery lessons, dinner at a local restaurant and a schnaps tasting at one of the city’s well known distilleries. In the morning, you will take part in archery lessons at Matzenbacher Bogensport.
Afterward, you will head off to the restaurant Christoffel’s Bauernstube, where you will be served “Spanferkel,” or a suckling roast pig dinner. There, you will also receive a souvenir beer mug. After dinner, you will head off to Obst Brennerei Müller, a well-known distillery, where you will be treated to a schnaps tasting.
Fourth of July Quiz:
1. The Declaration of Independence declared independence from what country?
2. Name five of the original 13 colonies.
3. Who were the original members of the Committee of Five, who were appointed to draft a declaration?
4. Name four people who signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776.
5. Which newspaper was the first to print a copy of the Declaration of Independence and when?
6. Where is the the most famous copy of the Declaration of Independence now located?
7. In what year was the U.S. Constitution adopted?
8. What are the first 10 amendments of the Constitution called?
9. What governing document did the U.S. Constitution replace?
10. What is the brief introductory statement to the U.S. Constitution called?