The Ramstein Tax Center will open Monday for the 2012 tax filing season. The tax center is located in the Ramstein Legal Office, Bldg. 2137, across from the Ramstein Southside Gym.
This year’s program uses volunteer tax assistants who will guide customers in preparing their own tax return. The tax center uses the H&R Block At Home software program through the website MilitaryOneSource.com.
In the tax center, customers will input their own tax data. Volunteer tax preparation advisers are available to answer any questions that might arise.
Members also may access the H&R Block program for free through MilitaryOneSource.com from their home computer to prepare their taxes from the comfort of their own home.
About the Tax Center
• The Ramstein Tax Center will open Monday and remain in operation until June 15.
• The tax center can assist six people at a time. Hours are from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays; 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesdays; and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Fridays. It is located in the Ramstein Law Center, Bldg. 2137.
• People can access the MilitaryOneSource.com website 24 hours a day from the convenience of their home computer to complete their taxes on their own. Customers can also bring documents into the tax center and a trained volunteer will help until the taxes are filed.
• Computers are available at the tax center to any active-duty member, reservist or their dependents who want to file taxes, even if they don’t need assistance.
• Retirees and Department of Defense civilian employees can call the Ramstein Legal Office at 06371-47-5911/5912 (480-5911/5912) for information and appointments.
• For military members, tax assistance is on a walk-in basis.
• If you have not filed 2011 taxes because you were either deployed or for some other reason, call the legal office at 480-5911/5912 before coming in.
(Courtesy of Ramstein Legal Office)