Military PCS: Six Tips for a Smooth Move
Terminating Government Quarters?
Did you know the Housing Office requires a 40-day advanced notice of intent to terminate government quarters?
First, contact the KMC Housing Office, Assistance Section and:
- Provide 4 copies of your “PCS Orders and a Port Call” date (if known).
- Schedule a ”Pre and Final” Inspection appointment for your quarters.
- If you don’t have your Orders or a Port Call date, but can anticipate a future date:
– Schedule the “Pre” Inspection
– A separate appointment will be necessary to schedule the “Final” Inspection.
- Arrange for furniture delivery or pick-up of family housing loaner furniture.
– Contact the Furnishings Management Section at DSN 489-6001 or Commercial 0631-536-6001.
- Complete your housing unit’s Final Inspection to obtain:
– Housing’s clearance documents that will be necessary for your upcoming out-processing.
- Upon completion of the Final Inspection document, provide the KMC Housing Office with:
– The paid hotel receipt
– Statement of “Non-Availability” (if you are staying off-base)
– PCS Orders to file your TLA claim for reimbursement
(Based on your Port Call date), TLA days may be authorized up to 10 days – for further details, you can ask your Housing Team Rep.
To schedule an appointment, or get help with a question/concern, please call the Housing Office at DSN 314-489-6672 or Commercial 0631-536-6672.
The KMC Family Housing Team is in the business of 100% “Customer Satisfaction!
To keep abreast of the many goings-on in Family Housing, you can now view our new Facebook Page, which can be found at https://www.facebook.com/KMCHousingOffice.
Safe travels to you and your family from the KMC Housing Team!