A visit to Trier offers many opportunities for sightseeing, relaxing and having some good German food and beer. The city of Trier has introduced a new program to ensure visitors don’t miss out on any of the main attractions the city has to offer, and that they can receive some discounts and freebies along the way.
The Trier Card, an inexpensive and useful coupon card, allows purchasers to take advantage of all the city has available for its guests. The card is good for three days from the time of purchase, and it is available for €9 as an individual ticket or for €19 as a family ticket, which allows up to two adults and three children to reap its multitude of benefits.
Discounts provided with the Trier card include:
• Twenty-five percent off admission to all Trier museums
• Twenty-five percent off bicycle rental at the Bürgerservice GmbH, located at the main train station
• Twenty-five percent off boat excursions*
• Sixteen percent off admission to the Trier swimming pools
• Thirty percent off admission to the ice-skating rink
• Ten percent off Trier souvenirs in the tourist office*
• Ten percent off Christ brand jewelry and watches at Christ Jewelers
• Ten percent off at Dinea restaurant, located in the Galeria Kaufhof mall
* Some restrictions may apply
Additionally, with a Trier card you can receive these complimentary items and services:
• Free pen with a purchase of at least €10 at the hobby shop, Bastelstube Trier
• Free freshly tapped glass of Kraft-Bräu beer in Blesius Garten
• Free chocolate truffle or petit four with beverage at the Weimar pastry cafe
• Free video-supported running or walking shoe analysis at City-Sport
• Free potato schnapps following a meal in the Kartoffelkiste Restaurant
With something for every member of the family, Trier is a great place either to take the kids for and educational and entertaining excursion or for a romantic weekend getaway.
You can purchase a Trier card at the tourist office near the Porta Nigra or online at http://cms.trier.de/frontend/resource/.