The following is a list of performances and events happening in the KMC and nearby locations. Dates are subject to change.
• Closed for summer vacation. The new play season begins with a theater fest Sept. 9.
For details, call 0631-3675-209 or visit www.pfalztheater.de.
• The Kammgarn is closed until Sept. 1 for summer vacation. For details, visit www.kammgarn.de.
Kaiserslautern, beer garden, Bremerhof 1:
• The duo Diamond Moments and special guests present musical highlights, 7:30 p.m. Thursday.
• The Rock ‘n’ Roll Flamingos present a rockabilly and rock ‘n’ roll show, 7:30 p.m. Aug. 3.
Admission to all Bremerhof concerts is free. For more information, visit www.bremerhof-kl.de.
• The North Palatinate Musicians consisting of 28 members present a diversified program in the blue music pavilion, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. July 30. A bistro serves snacks and beverages. An adventure playground is next to the blue music pavilion.
SWR radio studio, Emmerich-Smola-Platz 1, Kaiserslautern:
• The German Radio Philharmonics Saarbruecken Kaiserslautern present works by Niccolo Paganini and Boris Blacher, 1 p.m. Aug. 31. Tickets with lunch at noon cost €23; tickets without lunch cost €13.
For tickets and reservations, call the tourist information office at 0631-365-2317.
Bildhaus, Musikclub Ventil, Hahnbacherhof 2, Schallodenbach:
• The Rosevalley Sisters perform harmony singing with swing music of the 1930s and 1940s, 8:30 p.m. Aug. 5. The park and gallery opens 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Aug. 6. Admission is free. For details, visit bildhaus.info.
Ramstein-Miesenbach, stage in front of town hall (Rathaus):
• Ramstein Summer Nights feature:
Italian Night with Luigi Botta and Friends, 8 p.m. today.
Brazilian Night with the Viva Brasil Dance Show by the band Mundo Latino, 8 p.m. July 28.
Jamaican Night with Superjam, 8 p.m. Aug. 4.
Mexican Night with Los Mexicanos, 8 p.m. Aug. 11.
Irish Night with Giff Gaffy performing folk from Ireland, Scotland and England, and a dance show by the Irish dance school Tir na NOg, 8 p.m. Aug. 18.
Cuban Night with the band Cuban Affairs, 8 p.m. Aug. 25.
Admission to all otudoor performances is free. For details, visit www.hausdesbuergers.de.
Abbey Church, Otterberg:
• Church concert with clerical choir music from Scandinavia and Germany, 5 p.m. Sunday. Tickets cost €12.
English Theatre, Gallusanlage 7, Frankfurt:
• “Pygmalion,” a satiric show by Bernard Shaw, Sept. 1 through Oct. 26. Performances are 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays to Saturdays, and 6 p.m. Sundays. For details, visit www.english-theatre.org.
• Kaiserslautern, Gartenschau (dino park) with flower shows, lego display, water playground, miniature golf court. Special events: Sunday: Protestant worship service, 11 a.m. in willow church; Music in the Park with Goldkraut performing Indie pop, 2:30 p.m. on open-air stage in Neumuehlepark. July 29: Summer night fest with singer Till Bennewitz at 6 p.m., Smooth Jazz meets Pop feat. Federkail Jazz Music at 7 p.m., the band Brass Machine at 8 p.m. and a fireworks and light show at 10:45 p.m. The children’s crafting and games tent is open 2 to 5 p.m. daily through Aug. 13. Opening hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., to Oct. 31. For details, visit www.gartenschau-kl.de.
• Kaiserslautern, Japanese Garden, Am Abendsberg 1, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily, through Oct. 31. For more information, visit www.japanischergarten.de.
• Mehlbach, village fest with chicken, flammkuchen, cocktails, bouncy castle, start is 11 a.m. Sunday.
• Obermohr, village carnival, Saturday to Monday.
• Kaiserslautern, Pfalzgalerie Museum, special exhibitions, “Leo Breuer – Constructive,” displaying Breuer’s geometrical-constructive works, through Aug. 6; and “n’zaul d’auter (somewhere else), sculptures and drawings by Walter Moroder, through Aug. 13. Hours are 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesdays, and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesdays to Sundays. For details, visit www.mpk.de.
• Docu Center Ramstein, Schernauer Strasse 46, exhibition, “NCO Club on Ramstein in the 1950s and 1960s,” 2 to 5 p.m. Tuesdays to Sundays. Admission is free. Visit www.dc-ramstein.de.
• Zweibruecken, Herzogplatz, biking day with information for bikers, eating and drinking specialties, live music, children’s activities, and a 25-km and 50-km biking tour, 10 a.m. Sunday.
• Gruenstadt, wine fest, today to Monday.
• Venningen (east of Edenkoben), wine fest, today through Monday.
• Bad Duerkheim-Ungstein, wine fest, today through Monday.
• Bad Duerkheim-Seebach, wine fest, today through Tuesday.
• Landau-Moerzheim, wine fest, today through Monday.village fest, Saturday and Sunday.
• Zellertal-Zell, park and wine fest, Saturday and Sunday.
• Voelklingen, Voelklinger Huette (ironworks), display “Inca – Gold. Power. God,” through Nov. 26. For details, visit www.voelklingerhuette.org.
• Kaiserslautern, Pfalz-Center (across from Daenner Kaserne), 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Ramstein, flea market hall, Flurstrasse 4, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. today, and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Blieskastel, Bahnhofstrasse/Florianstrasse, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Bad Duerkheim, Saline (salt-works, Gutleutstrasse 48), 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays.
• Neustad/German Wine Street, Decathlon parking lot, Louis-Escande-Strasse 30, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Neustadt/German Wine Street, Globus, Adolf-Kolping-Strasse 173, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Saarlouis, Globus, Dieselstrasse, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.