The following is a list of performances and events happening in the KMC and nearby locations. Dates are subject to change.
• “Zyklus,” a dance performance by James Sutherland with music by Benjamin Britten, Philip Glass and Samuel Barber, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, July 1 and 5 (meet and greet with Sutherland and the dancers after the performances).
• “Das Abschiedsdinner,” a comedy by Matthieu Delaporte and Alexandre de la Patellière, in German, 8 p.m. Saturday, Thursday and July 8 and 12.
• Second children’s chamber concert with percussionist Werner Brill taking the audience to Africa, 11 a.m. Sunday.
•“The Raven and Heart Sutra,” two chamber operas, in German,
8 p.m. Sunday, June 23, 30, and July 2, 4 and 6.
• “The Tempest,” a play by William Shakespeare with music by Henry Purcell, in German and English, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 23, 30, July 8 and 11, and 3 p.m. July 2.
• “Anatevka,” Fiddler on the Roof, a musical by Jerry Bock, in German, 6 p.m. June 24, 7:30 p.m. June 28, July 7, and 3 p.m. July 9.
• Long Night of Culture with music and dance performances, 8 to 11:30 p.m. June 24; then late night magic, comedy and improvisation.
• Fourth Pfalztheater Concert with works by Mozart and Strauss, 6 p.m. June 25.
• “Neda – Der Ruf,” an opera by Irani composer Nader Mashayekhi, 7:30 p.m. June 29.
For details, call 0631-3675-209 or visit www.pfalztheater.de.
• Sound of the World – Festival of Cultures with Shantel & Bucovina Club Orkestar with Balkan pop, 8 p.m. today; and singer Mariama and guitar player Abdoulaye Kouyate presenting world music, 8 p.m. Saturday. Daily tickets cost €17.
For more information, visit
• Arts exhibition, “From abstract to figurative – How much body does a person need,” today and Saturday.
SWR radio studio, Emmerich-Smola-Platz 1, Kaiserslautern:
• The piano duo Shalamov presents works by Mendelssohn Bartholdy and Carl Czerny, 1 p.m. June 29. Tickets with lunch at noon cost €22; tickets without lunch cost €13.
For tickets and reservations, call the tourist information office at 0631-365-2317.
Volksbank, Casino, Fischerstrasse 49, Kaiserslautern:
• Pianist Sachiko Furuhata-Kersting presents “Romantic Intensity,” with works by Beethoven, Brahms, Schumann and Chopin, 8 p.m. today. Tickets cost €5. To reserve tickets, call 0631-3610-113.
JUZ (Youth Center), Steinstrasse 47, Kaiserslautern:
• Long Night of Culture with the band uffgeBrassd, 7:30 p.m. June 24. Admission is free.
For details, visit www.juz-kl.de.
Kaiserslautern, beer garden, Bremerhof 1:
• Musical Summer with Tom Woll Band presenting rock, blues and jazz, 7:30 p.m. Thursday. Admission is free.
Kaiserslautern, Volkspark, Donnersberger Strasse:
• Koenigsland Swing Band
Wolfstein presents a free outdoor concert, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday.
A bistro serves snacks and beverages. An adventure playground is next to blue music pavilion.
Otterberg, Abbey Church:
• The Dufay Ensemble presents a concert with works from the late Middle Ages and Renaissance,
5 p.m. June 25. Tickets cost €15.
Bildhaus, Musikclub Ventil, Hahnbacherhof 2, Schallodenbach:
• Barely Young Band presents rock and pop, 8 p.m. Saturday. The park and gallery opens 11 a.m. to
7 p.m. Sunday. Admission is free. For details, visit bildhaus.info.
Sippersfeld, Retzberg pond, Am Schimmelberg 29:
• Water music at the pond with the Stuttgarter Saloniker, 8 p.m. Saturday. Tickets cost €17 at the door. In case of inclement weather, the concert will be at the Dorfgemeinschaftshalle (community hall). For more information, visit www.kv-sippersfeld.de
English Theatre, Gallusanlage 7, Frankfurt:
• “The Hound of the Baskervilles,” a masterpiece of mystery and suspense by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, through June 30. Performances are 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays to Saturdays, and 6 p.m. Sundays. For details, visit www.english-theatre.org.
Saarbruecken, Saarlaendisches Staatstheater, Schillerplatz 1:
• “Othello,” by William Shakespeare, in German, 7:30 p.m. Thursday. For more information, visit www.theater-saarbruecken.de or call 0681-3092-486.
• Kaiserslautern, Gartenschau (dino park) with flower shows, lego display, water playground, miniature golf court. Special events: Sunday: Mennonite worship service with music by Kolpingorchester Erfenbach, 11 a.m.; Music in the Park with Present Art Collection Trio, 2:30 p.m. on open air stage in Neumuehlepark. June 25: Day of Emmerich-Smola Music School with concerts, workshops, activities, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Opening hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., to Oct. 31. For details, visit www.gartenschau-kl.de.
• Kaiserslautern, Japanese Garden, Am Abendsberg 1, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily, through Oct. 31. For more information, visit www.japanischergarten.de.
• Miesenbach, Waldstrasse,
Seewoog festival with music and food, today to Sunday.
• Landstuhl, Nanstein Castle, 8-km jazz hike passing five stations with music and food. The hiking tickets cost €6.50. For details, visit www.jazzwanderung.de.
• Winnweiler, Johannis market with rides, music, food, Saturday to Monday; stores open 2 to 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Annweiler,-Graefenhausen, burgundy wine fest, Saturday and Sunday.
• Wachenheim/German Wine Street, castle and wine fest,today through Sunday.
• Kaiserslautern, Pfalz-Center (across from Daenner Kaserne),
7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Kaiserslautern, Globus parking lot, Merkurstrasse 57, 10 a.m. to
4 p.m. Sundawy.
• Bad Duerkheim, Saline (salt-works, Gutleutstrasse 48), 9 a.m. to
4 p.m. Saturdays.
• Saarlouis, Grosser Markt,
10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.