The following is a list of performances and events happening in the KMC and nearby locations. Dates are subject to change.
• “Zyklus,” a dance performance by James Sutherland with music by Benjamin Britten, Philip Glass and Samuel Barber, 7:30 p.m. today and June 17 (meet and greet with Sutherland and the dancers after both performances).
• “Das Abschiedsdinner,” a comedy by Matthieu Delaporte and Alexandre de la Patellière, in German, 8 p.m. today, Sunday, June 17 and 22.
• “The Tempest,” a play by William Shakespeare with music by Henry Purcell, in German and English, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, June 9, 21, 23 and 30.
• “Neda – Der Ruf,” an opera by Irani composer Nader Mashayekhi, 7:30 p.m. June 10, 13 and 29.
• Komoedie im Dunkeln,” comedy in the dark, a play by Peter Shaffer, in German, 3 p.m. June 11 (last performance; childcare offered).
“The Raven and Heart Sutra,” two chamber operas, in German,
8 p.m. June 18, 23 and 30.
• “Anatevka,” Fiddler on the Roof, a musical by Jerry Bock, in German, 6 p.m. June 24, and 7:30 p.m. June 28.
For details, call 0631-3675-209 or visit www.pfalztheater.de.
• Gee Dee and friends play a tribute to Alphonse Mouzon, 8 p.m. Saturday. Tickets cost €18.
• Stephan Flesch and special guest Donnielle Graves present soft pop and soul, 8 p.m. June 9. Tickets cost €24.
• K-Town double concert with Blue Mace & Friends and Polski Beat, 8 p.m. June 10. Tickets cost €18.
• Sound of the World – Festival of Cultures with Gisela Joao from Portugal presenting fado, 8 p.m. June 15; Shantel & Bucovina Club Orkesta with Balkan pop, 8 p.m. June 16; and Inna Modja from Mali with Motown soul, Sahel Sahara blues, hip hop, 8 p.m. June 17. Daily tickets cost €17; the festival ticket is €35.
For more information, visit
• Arts exhibition, “From abstract to figurative – How much body does a person need,” 6 p.m. Saturday to June 17, on concert days.
• Jazz Stage meets Marimba with guest Nora El-Ruheibany playing the marimbaphone, 8 p.m. June 9. Tickets cost €15.
• The Kaiserslautern County Symphony Orchestra presents springtime pieces by Gade, Glasunow, Smetana and Elgar, 5 p.m. June 11. Tickets cost €12 to €26.
For tickets, call the tourist information office at 0631-365-2317.
JUZ (Youth Center), Steinstrasse 47, Kaiserslautern:
• A rock and pop students’ concert features the bands High Voltage and Midis, 7:30 p.m. today. Tickets cost €5. For details, visit
Kaiserslautern, beer garden, Bremerhof 1:
• Musical Summer with the band Tin Pan Alley presenting blues with elements of rock, country, boogie and swing, 7:30 p.m. Thursday. Admission is free.
Kaiserslautern, Volkspark, Donnersberger Strasse:
• The Kolping Blasorchester Erfenbach presents an outdoor concert, “Bouquet of melodies,” 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday. A bistro serves snacks and beverages. An adventure playground is next to blue music pavilion. Admission is free.
Bildhaus, Musikclub Ventil, Hahnbacherhof 2, Schallodenbach:
• The band Schlappschnut presents rock and pop in Palatinate dialect and German, 8 p.m. Saturday. The park and gallery opens 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday. Admission is free. For details, visit bildhaus.info.
• The duo Jessica Riemer and Scarlett Enkler present an “Italian Evening” with classical music,
7 p.m. Wednesday. Tickets cost €12.
For details and tickets, visit www.stadthalle-landstuhl.de.
Jettenbach, sports field:
• Jettenbach sports club celebrates 125th anniversary with rock concert by Black Night with “A Tribute to Deep Purple,” 9 p.m. today. Tickets cost $10. Doors open 7:30 p.m.
English Theatre, Gallusanlage 7, Frankfurt:
• “The Hound of the Baskervilles,” a masterpiece of mystery and suspense by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, through June 30. Performances are 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays to Saturdays, and 6 p.m. Sundays. For details, visit www.english-theatre.org.
Nationaltheater Mannheim, Am Goetheplatz:
• “New Steps – Bolero,” a dance performance with music by Maurice Ravel, Greg Haines, Claude Debussy, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday and June 11.
For more information, visit
• Kaiserslautern, Gartenschau
(dino park) with flower shows, lego display, exhibitions, water playground, miniature golf court. Special events: Sunday: Catholic worship service with choir Shalom, 11 a.m. in willow church; Pfalztheater performances 2 to 6 p.m.; opening of new show “Wild Bees – unknown garden guests,” 3 p.m. in flower hall. Opening hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., to Oct. 31. For details, visit www.gartenschau-kl.de.
• Kaiserslautern, Japanese Garden, Am Abendsberg 1, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily, through Oct. 31. For more information, visit www.japanischergarten.de.
• Trippstadt, Schlosspark, French night with flammkuchen, red wine, music, 7 p.m. Saturday. Admission is free.
• Eulenbis, Eulenkopf tower, fest with food, drinks and music, Sunday and Monday.
• Zweibruecken, Rennwiese, carnival, today through Monday.
• Neustadt-Gimmeldingen, wine fest, today through Monday.
• Rhodt unter Rietburg, wine and blossom fest, today to Sunday.
• Oberotterbach, wine fest, today to Sunday.
• Rockenhausen, Night of Museums, 7 p.m. today. Museums open at night, musical entertainment in center of town.
• Kaiserslautern, Pfalz-Center (across from Daenner Kaserne),
7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Bad Duerkheim, Saline (salt-works, Gutleutstrasse 48), 9 a.m. to
4 p.m. Saturdays.
• Ludwigshafen, near train station, Pasadenaallee 15, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Neustadt, Decathlon parking lot, Louis-Escande Strasse 30, 8 a.m. to
4 p.m. Saturday.
• Homburg, Am Forum (near Rathaus), 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.