The following is a list of performances and events happening in the KMC and nearby locations. Dates are subject to change.
• “The Tempest,” a play by William Shakespeare with music by Henry Purcell, in German and English, 7:30 p.m. today, June 30, July 8 and 11, and 3 p.m. July 2.
•“The Raven and Heart Sutra,” two chamber operas, in German,
8 p.m. today, June 30, July 2, 4 and 6.
• “Anatevka,” Fiddler on the Roof, a musical by Jerry Bock, in German, 6 p.m. Saturday, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 7, and 3 p.m. July 9.
• Long Night of Culture with music and dance performances, 8 to midnight Saturday; then late night magic, comedy and improvisation.
• Fourth Pfalztheater Concert with works by Mozart and Strauss, 6 p.m. Sunday.
• “Neda – Der Ruf,” an opera by Irani composer Nader Mashayekhi, 7:30 p.m. Thursday.
• “Zyklus,” a dance performance by James Sutherland with music by Benjamin Britten, Philip Glass and Samuel Barber, 7:30 p.m. July 1 and 5 (meet and greet with Sutherland and the dancers after the performances).
• Sixth chamber concert with works by Georg Philipp Telemann,
11 a.m. July 9.
• “Das Abschiedsdinner,” a comedy by Matthieu Delaporte and Alexandre de la Patellière, in German, 8 p.m. July 8 and 12.
For details, call 0631-3675-209 or visit www.pfalztheater.de.
• Long Night of Culture features Nuit de la Chanson Spéciale with Pauline Ngoc and An Erminig, and French food specialties, 6 p.m. Saturday. Tickets cost €14.
• Arts exhibition, “Second Level – Sensual Worlds,” today through
For more information, visit
SWR radio studio, Emmerich-Smola-Platz 1, Kaiserslautern:
• The piano duo Shalamov presents works by Mendelssohn Bartholdy and Carl Czerny, 1 p.m. Thursday. Tickets with lunch at noon cost €22; tickets without lunch cost €13.
For tickets and reservations, call the tourist information office at 0631-365-2317.
JUZ (Youth Center), Steinstrasse 47, Kaiserslautern:
• Long Night of Culture with the band uffgeBrassd, 7:30 p.m. Saturday. Admission is free.
For details, visit www.juz-kl.de.
Kaiserslautern, beer garden, Bremerhof 1:
• New Music Days with newcomer bands Coco, Memo An Miller, Lunascope, 7 to 10 p.m. p.m. today, and the bands We Are Rome and Ingold, 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday. Musical Summer with Boogielicious presenting boogie, blues and jazz, 7:30 p.m. Thursday. Admission is free. For more information, visit www.bremerhof-kl.de.
• Musikverein Mackenbach 1833 presents classical brass music in the blue music pavilion, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. July 2. A bistro serves snacks and beverages. An adventure playground is next to blue music pavilion.
Otterberg, Abbey Church:
• The Dufay Ensemble presents a concert with works from the late Middle Ages and Renaissance,
5 p.m. Sunday. Tickets cost €15.
Bildhaus, Musikclub Ventil, Hahnbacherhof 2, Schallodenbach:
• Sabine presents pop, rock and soul, 8 p.m. July 1. The park and gallery opens 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. July 2. Admission is free. For details, visit bildhaus.info.
Kaiserslautern, Albert-Schweitzer-Gymnasium (school yard), Martin-Luther-Strasse 5:
• Crescent Super Band with Soul Research Foundation & ASG Big Band playing high energy jazz and pop music, 5:30 p.m. Thursday. Admission is free.
Landstuhl, Fire Station:
• Rock at the Tower with the bands The Watching, Sidewalk, Disco Rockerz, 8 p.m. Saturday. Tickets cost €9.
English Theatre, Gallusanlage 7, Frankfurt:
• “The Hound of the Baskervilles,” a masterpiece of mystery and suspense by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, through June 30. Performances are 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays to Saturdays, and 6 p.m. Sundays. For details, visit www.english-theatre.org.
• Kaiserslautern, Gartenschau (dino park) with flower shows, lego display, water playground, miniature golf court. Special events: Sunday: Ecumenical worship service, 11 a.m. in willow church; Day of Emmerich-Smola Music School with concerts, workshops, activities, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. throughout the park. Thursday: Drug prevention activities with action, fun, information, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Neumuehlepark. Opening hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., to Oct. 31. For details, visit www.gartenschau-kl.de.
• Kaiserslautern, Japanese Garden, Am Abendsberg 1, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily, through Oct. 31. For more information, visit www.japanischergarten.de.
• Hohenecken, Castle, summer fest, with youth rock bands, 8 p.m. today; guided castle tours, music, children’s activities, tractor display, food, 2 to midnight Saturday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.
• Bann, village fest, Saturday and Sunday.
• Glan-Muenchweiler, midnight running event, for all age groups, start is 8:30 p.m. at the fire station.
• Waldmohr, Marktplatz fest with music, performances, food, 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to
9 p.m. Sunday.
• Zellertal-Niefernheim, arts and wine market, starts 6:30 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. Sunday.
• Imsbach, Mining World, guided English tour, 7 km long, start is 11 a.m. at Weisse Grube. For details and registration, call 06302-60261
or email firstname.lastname@example.org Cost is €3.
• Kaiserslautern, Pfalz-Center (across from Daenner Kaserne), 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Bad Duerkheim, Saline (salt-works, Gutleutstrasse 48), 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays.
• Neustadt, Decathlon parking lot, Louis-Escande Strasse 30, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Thursday.
• Eisenberg, Hit Markt, Konrad-Adenauer-Strasse 1, 11 a.m. to
5 p.m. Sunday.