The following is a list of performances and events happening in the KMC and nearby locations. Dates are subject to change.
• “The Tempest,” a play by William Shakespeare with music by Henry Purcell, in German and English,
7:30 p.m. today, July 8 and 11, and
3 p.m. Sunday.
• “Zyklus,” a dance performance by James Sutherland with music by Benjamin Britten, Philip Glass and Samuel Barber, 7:30 p.m. Saturday and Wednesday (meet and greet with Sutherland and the dancers after the performances).
•“The Raven and Heart Sutra,” two chamber operas, in German, 8 p.m. today, Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday.
• “Anatevka,” Fiddler on the Roof, a musical by Jerry Bock, in German, 7:30 p.m. July 7, and 3 p.m. July 9.
• “Das Abschiedsdinner,” a comedy by Matthieu Delaporte and Alexandre de la Patellière, in German, 8 p.m. July 8 and 12.
• Sixth chamber concert with works by Georg Philipp Telemann,
11 a.m. July 9.
For details, call 0631-3675-209 or visit www.pfalztheater.de.
• Arts exhibition, “Second Level – Sensual Worlds,” today through July 7.
The Kammgarn is closed July 8 to Sept. 1 for summer vacation. For details, visit www.kammgarn.de.
• The State Youth Orchestra presents works by Sergej Prokofjew, Carl Maria von Weber and Dmitri Schostakowitsch, 5 p.m. July 16. Tickets cost €18.
For tickets, call the tourist information office at 0631-365-2317.
JUZ (Youth Center), Steinstrasse 47, Kaiserslautern:
• The band Cane Street presents rock music, 8 p.m. today during old town fest. Admission is free.
For details, visit www.juz-kl.de.
Kaiserslautern, beer garden, Bremerhof 1:
• The Rockin’ Country Band from Heidelberg performs 7:30 p.m. Thursday.
• Katie & The Swing Aces present classic swing dance music, 7:30 p.m. July 13.
Admission to all Bremerhof concerts is free. For more information, visit www.bremerhof-kl.de.
Kaiserslautern, Volkspark, Donnersberger Strasse:
• Musikverein Mackenbach 1833 presents classical brass music in the blue music pavilion, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. A bistro serves snacks and beverages. An adventure playground is next to the blue music pavilion.
SWR radio studio, Emmerich-Smola-Platz 1, Kaiserslautern:
• The German Radio Philharmonics Saarbruecken Kaiserslautern present works by Niccolo Paganini and Boris Blacher, 1 p.m. Aug. 31. Tickets with lunch at noon cost €23; tickets without lunch cost €13.
For tickets and reservations, call the tourist information office at
Bildhaus, Musikclub Ventil, Hahnbacherhof 2, Schallodenbach:
• Sabine presents pop, rock and soul, 8 p.m. Saturday. The park and gallery opens 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday. Admission is free. For details, visit bildhaus.info.
English Theatre, Gallusanlage 7, Frankfurt:
• “The Hound of the Baskervilles,” a masterpiece of mystery and suspense by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 7:30 p.m. today (last performance).
• “Pygmalion,” a satiric show by Bernard Shaw, Sept. 1 through Oct. 26. Performances are 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays to Saturdays, and 6 p.m. Sundays. For details, visit
• Kaiserslautern, Gartenschau (dino park) with flower shows, lego display, water playground, miniature golf court. Special events: Sunday: Protestant worship service, 11 a.m. in willow church; the children’s crafting and games tent officially opens 5 p.m. with daily hours 2 to 5 p.m. through Aug. 13. July 8: French garden party and picnic with accordion music by French Touch. Opening hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., to Oct. 31. For details, visit www.gartenschau-kl.de.
• Kaiserslautern, Japanese Garden, Am Abendsberg 1, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily, through Oct. 31. For more information, visit www.japanischergarten.de.
• Kaiserslautern, old town fest, today through Sunday.
• Kottweiler-Schwanden, summer fest with tractor and vintage vehicle display starts 1 p.m. Saturday.
• Bruchmuehlbach-Miesau, summer fest, today to Monday.
• Niedermohr, village carnival, Saturday through Monday.
• Dielkirchen (Hanauerhof, north of Rockenhausen), High Speed Rodeo on Thunder Montain Ranch with races, music, dancers, food starts 1 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. Sunday. For details, visit www.TM-Ranch.de.
• Pirmasens, stores open 1 to
6 p.m. Sunday.
• Neustadt-Mussbach, wine fest, today through Sunday, and July 7 to 9.
• Steinfeld (south of Bad Bergzabern), blueberry fest, today through Sunday.
• Goennheim (east of Bad
Duerkheim), wine and arts days, today through Monday.
• Bobenheim-Roxheim (south of Worms), gondola fest in Little Venice, today through Monday.
• Dahn, Altdahn Castle, medieval market, Saturday and Sunday.
• Speyer, pretzel fest, carnival and vendors, Thursday to July 11..
• Frankenthal, Rathausplatz, pottery market, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday.
• Enkenbach-Asenborn, village carnival, July 7 to 11.
• Ramstein-Miesenbach, Am Neuen Markt, German-American friendship fest with music, food, entertainment, July 7 to 9.
• Kaiserslautern, Pfalz-Center (across from Daenner Kaserne),
7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Kaiserslautern, Messeplatz fairgrounds, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Homburg, Am Forum (near Rathaus), 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Sankt Wendel, Zur Mott, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.
• Bad Duerkheim, Saline (salt-works, Gutleutstrasse 48), 9 a.m. to
4 p.m. Saturdays.
• Neunkirchen, Saar-Park Center, Stummplatz 1, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 9.
• Sembach, Gewerbepark, Williams Road 11, near tower, 10 a.m.
to 4 p.m. July 9.
• Saarbruecken, Franz-Josef-Roeder-Strasse, along palace wall,
8 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 8.