The following is a list of performances and events happening in the KMC and nearby locations. Dates are subject to change.
• Summer break continues to Sept. 1. A theater fest starts the new play season on Sept. 12.
For details, call 0631-3675-209 or visit www.pfalztheater.de.
• Summer break through Sept. 4.
For more information, visit www.kammgarn.de.
Kaiserslautern, Volkspark (duck pond at the corner of Entersweiler- and Donnersberger Strasse):
• Outdoor concert with Bergmanns-Blasorchester Hettenleidelheim, a 35-member brass orchestra performing various types of brass music, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday. Admission is free. Snacks and beverages are available in bistro. Children’s adventure playground next to music pavilion.
Ramstein-Miesenbach, stage in front of Haus des Bürgers:
• Mexican Night with Los Mexicanos, 8 p.m. today.
• American Night with Touch ‘n’ Go, a USAFE Band ensemble, 8 p.m. Aug. 21.
• Italian Night with Luigi Botta and Friends, 8 p.m. Aug. 28.
• Cuban Night with Cuban Affairs, 8 p.m. Sept. 4.
Admission to all performances is free.
For more information, visit www.hausdesbuergers.de or call 06371-592-220.
Bildhaus Musikclub Ventil, Hahnbacherhof 2, 67701 Schallodenbach:
• The band Jam Planet presents songs by Johnny Cash, Billy Idol, Led Zeppelin, Depeche Mode, Pink Floyd, 8:30 p.m. Saturday.
For details, visit bildhaus.info.
• Klassik Open-Air with Homburg Symphony Orchestra performing classical music by Italian composers, 8 p.m. Saturday. Doors open 6 p.m. Tickets cost €25.
English Theatre, Gallusanlage 7, Frankfurt:
• “The Glass Menagerie,” a memory play by Tennessee Williams, Sept. 5 to Oct. 24. Performances are 7:30 p.m. Tuesday to Saturday, and 6 p.m. Sunday.
For more information, visit www.english-theatre.org.
• Kaiserslautern Gartenschau, through Oct. 31. Special events: today, Spanish garden party with Guitarras del Sur presenting Spanish guitar music and flamenco, 6 p.m. in Neumühlepark; Sunday, Catholic worship service, 11 a.m. in willow church. Music in the park with acoustic pop duet Marcel & Herr Wiesner, 2:30 p.m; children’s tent offers games and crafting, 2 to 5 p.m. daily through Sept. 6; flower show, “Four Seasons,” in flower hall, through Sept. 6; Lego display, through Oct. 31. Opening hours are 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tickets cost €7 for adults and €3 for children.
For more information, visit www.gartenschau-kl.de.
• Kaiserslautern, Japanese Garden open through Oct. 31. Opening hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
For more information, visit www.japanischergarten.de.
• Kaiserslautern, Waschmühle swimming pool, splash diving championship, 3 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday.
For details, visit www.sd-rlp.de.
• Oberarnbach, village carnival, Saturday and Sunday.
• Hirschorn, village fest, Saturday to Monday. Italian night with pizza, ice cream and live music, 7 p.m. Saturday at Sporthalle; bungee jumping for children, raffle, food, homemade cakes, 2 p.m. Sunday at Bürgerhaus; live music, 11 a.m. Monday at Bürgerhaus.
• Pörrbach, village carnival, Saturday to Monday.
• Mehlingen, village carnival, today to Tuesday.
• Winnweiler, Jewish Museum (Schlossstrasse 37), special exhibition in memory of World War I with postcards, photos and other display objects, 2:30 to 5:30 p.m. the second and fourth Sunday of each month.
For details, visit www.juedisches-museum-winnweiler.de.
• Deidesheim (south of BadDürkheim) wine carnival, today to Tuesday.
• Grünstadt-Asselheim, wine carnival, today to Monday.
• Maikammer (south of Neustadt), Palatinate garden market, Saturday and Sunday.
• Neustadt/Lachen-Speyerdorf, farmers and vintners fest, Saturday to Tuesday.
• Friedelsheim (east of Bad Dürkheim), wine carnival, today to Monday.
• Hermersberg (south of Landstuhl), schnapsgassen fest, Saturday and Sunday.
• Massweiler (south of Wallhalben), village fest, Saturday and Sunday.
• Landau, State Garden Fair, to Oct. 18.
For more information, visit www.lgs-landau.de.
• Mannheim, Luisenpark, Theodor-Heuss-Anlage 2, park fest with picnic, 5 to 11 p.m. Saturday. Entrance is free.
For more information, visit www.luisenpark.de.
• Wittlich (east of Spangdahlem), pig fest and carnival, today to Tuesday.
For more information, visit www.saeubrenner.de.
• Kaiserslautern, Pfalz-Center (across from Daenner Kaserne), 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Kaiserslautern, Toom Baumarkt, Hohenecker Strasse 10, Fridays.
• Mehlingen, Abtstrasse 25a, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays.
• Grünstadt, Kaufland, Kirchheimer Strasse 39, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
• Bad Dürkheim, Saline (saltworks in Kurpark), 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. today and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Frankenthal, festgrounds in center, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Zweibrücken, Schlossplatz, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• St. Ingbert, Alte Schmelz, Saarbrücker Strasse 38, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Saarbrücken, Saarmesse fair area, Am Schanzenberg 30, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
• Saarlouis, Grosser Markt, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.