The following is a list of performances and events happening in the KMC and nearby locations. Dates are subject to change.
• “Halka,” a Polish opera by Stanislaw Moniuszko, in German,
7:30 p.m. today and July 18.
• The Pfalztheater Orchestra presents it fourth Pfalztheater concert taking the audience on a trip through Europe’s history, 7 p.m. Saturday.
• “Rigoletto,” an opera by Guiseppe Verdi, in Italian, 6 p.m. Sunday.
• “Chopin,” a ballet by Stefano Gianetti, 8 p.m. Sunday, Thursday and July 18.
• “Fidelio,” an opera by Ludwig van Beethoven, 7:30 p.m. Tuesday and July 17.
• “Viel Lärm um nichts,” a comedy by William Shakespeare, in German, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
For details, call 0631-3675-209 or visit www.pfalztheater.de.
• The music group Quartchêto from Brazil presents Latin music, 8 p.m. today. Tickets cost €20.
• Party: “I love ’90s,” ’90s music non-stop, 11 p.m. July 18.
For more information, visit www.kammgarn.de.
• “Alles muss Raus” revue with disabled and non-disabled performers, 8 p.m. July 17. Tickets cost €5.
For tickets, call Kaiserslautern Tourist-Info at 0631-365-2317.
Kaiserslautern, Volkspark (duck pond at the corner of Entersweiler- and Donnersberger Strasse):
• Outdoor concert with Vereinskapelle Enkenbach performing traditional and modern music, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. July 19. Admission is free. Snacks and beverages are available in bistro. Children’s adventure playground is next to music pavilion.
Abbey Church, Otterberg:
• Church concert: “Praise his holy name! – Gospels and more,” with the vocal ensemble Con Spirito and a jazz trio, 8 p.m. July 18. Tickets cost €17.
For details, call the Otterberg Tourist Office at 06301-31504.
Bildhaus Musikclub Ventil, Hahnbacherhof 2, 67701 Schallodenbach:
• Mrs. Voice & Dr. Key present songs by Sting, The Beatles, Dusty Springfield, Carol King, 8:30 p.m. July 18.
For details, visit bildhaus.info.
• Musical summer with Comedian Sixpack performing a capella music and comedy show, 8 p.m. Saturday. The Barrelhouse Jazzband performs 8 p.m. July 17. Tickets cost €13 to €22.
For more information, visit www.rockenhausen.de.
Waldmohr, historical backyard of Bürgerhaus, Saarpfalzstrasse 12:
• Sundowner concert with band OKBB presenting blues and rock music, 8 p.m. Saturday. Admission is free.
English Theatre, Gallusanlage 7, Frankfurt:
• “Death and the Maiden,” a thriller by Ariel Dorfman, 7:30 p.m. today and Saturday.
For more information, visit www.english-theatre.org.
Strasbourg, France, Salle de la Bourse, 1 Place Mal de Lattre de Tassigny:
• The United States Army Europe Band presents in cooperation with the World Saxophone Congress XVII the NATO Saxophone Orchestra with works by Schubert, Reich and Dankner, 6 p.m. July 19.
For tickets and details, visit www.saxopen.com.
• Kaiserslautern Gartenschau, through Oct. 31. Special events: Today: French garden party with French food specialties, wines and music starts at 6 p.m. in Neumühlepark. Sunday: Protestant worship service, 11 a.m. in willow church. Music in the park with Musikverein Otterbach performing modern show and entertainment music, 2:30 p.m. on open-air stage. Flower show, “Timeout,” in flower hall, to July 19. Opening hours are 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tickets cost €7 for adults and €3 for children.
For more information, visit www.gartenschau-kl.de.
• Kaiserslautern, Japanese Garden open through Oct. 31. Hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
For more information, visit www.japanischergarten.de.
Kaiserslautern, Pfalzbibliothek (Palatinate library) Bismarckstrasse 17, yard fest under the motto “Brazil” with food, music, displays, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Kaiserslautern, Mehrgenerationenhaus, Kennelstrasse 7, Swing Dance Tea with jazz music from the 1920s to 1950s, dancing instructions, coffee and cake, 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday. Donations of €3 are welcome.
For more information, visit www.lautern-swingt.de.
• Enkenbach-Alsenborn, carnival with rides, today through Tuesday.
• Ellerstadt (east of Bad Dürkheim), fisher fest, today to Sunday.
• Neustadt-Mussbach, wine fest, today to Sunday.
• Battenberg (south of Neuleiningen), wine fest, today to Monday.
• Landau, Landauer Sommer, five stages with various bands, eating and drinking, today: 5 p.m. to 1 a.m.; Saturday: 11 a.m. to 1 a.m.; Sunday: 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
• Speyer, brezel fest (carnival with rides, vendors), today to Tuesday.
• Dannstadt Schauernheim, (southeast of Ludwigshafen), vegetable street fest, Saturday.
• Traben-Trarbach/Mosel, wine fest, Saturday to Monday; fireworks display Saturday night.
• Kaiserslautern, Pfalz-Center (across from Daenner Kaserne),
7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Kaiserslautern, Merkurstrasse, festgrounds near BMW dealer, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
• Mehlingen, Abtstrasse 25a,
7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays.
• Bad Dürkheim, Saline (saltworks in Kurpark), 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. today and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.