The following is a list of performances and events happening in the KMC and nearby locations. Dates are subject to change.
• “Der kleine Horrorladen,” “Little Shop of Horror, a musical by Alan Menken, in German, 7:30 p.m. today and July 9.• “Tristan und Isolde,” a musical drama by Richard Wagner, 5 p.m. Saturday.
• “Liebe und Information,” a play by Caryl Churchill, in German,
6 p.m. Sunday and 7:30 p.m. July 7, 12 and 14.
• “Idomeneo,” an opera by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, in Italian, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday and July 16.
• “Das Mass der Dinge,” a play by Neil LaBute, in German, 8 p.m. Wednesday, Thursday and July 1, 5 and 13.
• “My Fair Lady,” a musical by Frederick Loewe, in German, 7:30 p.m. July 2 and 10.
• “Romeo und Julia,” a ballet by James Sutherland with music by Sergej Prokofjew, 7:30 p.m. July 8 and 15.
• The Pfalztheater Orchestra presents the fourth Pfalztheater concert with works by Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, 6 p.m. July 3.
For details, call 0631-3675-209 or visit www.pfalztheater.de.
• The band Hard to Handle presents rock cover songs, 8 p.m. July 9. Tickets cost €17.
For details, visit www.kammgarn.de.
Kaiserslautern, Volkspark (duck pond at corner of Entersweiler-/Donnersberger Strasse):
• Outdoor concert with the Kaiserbachmusikanten presenting “A little bit of everything,” 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday. Admission is free. Snacks and beverages are available in bistro. Children’s adventure playground is next to music pavilion.
• The flute ensemble Pian e Forte presents “A Little Market Music,” noon Saturday. Admission is free; donations are welcome.
Kaiserslautern, Bremerhof beergarden, Bremerhof 1:
• The trio MEP presents pop, rock, country and blues, 7 p.m. Thursday. Admission is free.
For additional information, visit www.bremerhof-kl.de.
• Symphonic Brass Orchestra of Kaiserslautern Country performs, 5 p.m. Sunday.
Bildhaus Musikclub Ventil, Hahnbacherhof 2, 67701 Schallodenbach:
• The band Schlappschnut presents German popular music, 8:30 p.m. July 2. The park and gallery are open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. July 3. Admission is free.
For details, visit bildhaus.info.
Saarbruecken, Saarlaendisches Staatstheater, Schillerplatz 1:
• “Peter Grimes,” an opera by Benjamin Britten, in English, 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
• “Falstaff,” an opera by Guiseppe Verdi, in Italian, 7:30 p.m. July 1, 5, 12, and 6 p.m. July 17.
For details, call 0681-3092-486 or visit www.theater-saarbruecken.de.
Nationaltheater Mannheim, am Goetheplatz:
• “Frida Kahlo,” a ballet by Dominique Dumais, 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
• “Siegfried,” an opera by Richard Wagner, 5 to 10:30 p.m. Sunday.
For more information, visit www.nationaltheater-mannheim.de.
English Theatre, Gallusanlage 7, Frankfurt:
• “Bad Jews,” a savage comedy about family, faith and legacy by Joshua Harmon, through July 1. Performances are 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays to Saturdays and 6 p.m. Sundays.
For more information, visit www.english-theatre.org.
• Kaiserslautern, Gartenschau (dino park), open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily, through Oct. 3. Special events on Sunday: Protestant worship service at 11 a.m. in the willow church and the Emmerich-Smola Music School presents diversified musical program from 1 to 6 p.m. Tickets cost €7 for adults, and €3 for children. For additional information, visit www.gartenschau-kl.de.
• Kaiserslautern, Japanese Garden, Am Abendsberg 1, open to Oct. 31. Tickets cost €5.50 for adults and €3 for children. For more information, visit www.japanischergarten.de.
• Kaiserslautern, Pfalzbibliothek, Bismarckstrasse 17, Bavarian-Palatinate yard fest with live music, children’s games, book flea market, food and Bavarian beer, starts 11 a.m. Saturday.
• Bann, village fest, Saturday and Sunday.
• Erzenhausen, village fest, Saturday and Sunday.
• Potzbach (part of Winnweiler), fountain fest starts 6 p.m. Saturday with live music.
• Matzenbach-Gimsbach, day of open yards starts at 11 a.m. Sunday. There is music, food specialties, arts and crafts, and children’s activities.
• Pirmasens, stores open 1 to 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Wahnwegen (northwest of Quirnbach), village fest at fire station, starts at 6 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. Sunday.
• Langenbach (northwest of Wahnwegen), air show with local aeroclub displaying aerobatics and classic planes, Sunday. Sightseeing flights with microlites, gliders and motorized planes are being offered.
• Schopp, village fest with farmers market, Saturday and Sunday.
• Bad-Bergzabern, Kurpark fest, today and Saturday.
• Zeiskam (northeast of Landau), wine and music fest, today through Sunday.
• Goecklingen (west of Landau), wine fest, today through Monday.
• Weisenheim/Sand (west of Frankenthal), wine and music fest, today through Monday.
• Trier, old town fest, today through Sunday.
• Kaiserslautern, Pfalz-Center (across from Daenner Kaserne), 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays.
• Kaiserslautern, Toom Baumarkt, Hohenecker Strasse 10, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. today.
• Kaiserslautern, Vogelwoogstrasse 100 (near Vogelwoog pond), 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Mehlingen, Abtstrasse 25a, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays.
• Bad Duerkheim, Saline (saltworks, Gutleutstrasse 48), 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays.
• Ludwigshafen-Oggersheim, Oderstrasse 2, Metro store, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.