The following is a list of performances and events happening in the KMC and nearby locations. Dates are subject to change.
• Summer break ends with a theater fest Sept. 10.
For information on the new program, call 0631-3675-209 or visit www.pfalztheater.de.
• Summer break ends with a display of paintings, photos, mixed media presentations, Saturday through Sept. 24. Admission is free.
For more information, visit www.kammgarn.de.
• Music students present a bassoon concert “Fagottisomo,” to celebrate the 80th birthday of their professor, 5 p.m. Sept. 11. Tickets cost €18.
For tickets contact Tourist Information Kaiserslautern at 0631-365-2317.
Kaiserslautern, Volkspark (duck pond at corner of Entersweiler-/Donnersberger Strasse):
• Last outdoor summer concert with 40 members of the Huetschenhausen Spielgemeinschaft presenting songs from operettas, musicals and movies, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday. Admission is free. Snacks and beverages are available in bistro. Children’s adventure playground is next to the blue music pavilion.
Apostelkirche Kaiserslautern (Pariser Strasse/Kennelstrasse):
• Organ music by Tobias Naumann and Thomas Vogtel, 6 p.m. Saturday. Admission is free; donations are welcome.
For additional information, visit www.kirchen-in-kl.de.
Ramstein-Miesenbach, Prometheusplatz, open-air stage:
• The Opera House Prague presents “Nabucco,” an opera, by Guiseppe Verdi, 8 p.m. today. Tickets cost €35, €48 and €60.
For reservations, call Haus des Buergers at 06371-592-220 or visit www.hausdesbuergers.de.
Bildhaus Musikclub Ventil, Hahnbacherhof 2, 67701 Schallodenbach:
• The band Funhouse plays PINK performs 8:30 p.m. Saturday. The park and gallery is open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday. Admission is free.
For more information, visit www.bildhaus.info.
Lemberg Castle, Landgrafenstrasse in 66969 Lemberg (southeast of Pirmasens):
• Open air concert with Queen Kings paying tribute to Queen and Freddy Mercury, today. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets cost €18.
For additional information, visit www.openair-lmberg.de.
English Theatre, Gallusanlage 7, Frankfurt:
• “The Picture of Dorian Gray,” a Gothic tale by Oscar Wilde, now through Oct. 27. Performances are 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays to Saturdays, and 6 p.m. Sundays. Mondays no performances.
For more information, visit www.english-theatre.org.
• Kaiserslautern, Gartenschau (dino park), open 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily, through Oct. 31. Special events: Catholic worship service with music by Singing Association Erfenbach at 11 a.m. Sunday in willow church; new flower show, “Fabulous Changeable” opens 3 p.m. Sunday in flower hall with pianist Jessica Riemer presenting a musical journey into the world of fairytales; Lego display open through Oct. 31 in exhibition hall, and pumpkin display under the motto “Royal” open through Oct. 31. Tickets cost €7 for adults and €3 for children.
For more information, visit www.gartenschau-kl.de.
• Kaiserslautern, Japanese Garden, Am Abendsberg 1, open to Oct. 31. Tickets cost €5.50 for adults and €3 for children.
For additional information, visit www.japanischergarten.de.
• Kaiserslautern, Barbarossa fest, “Swinging Lautern,” with various music bands performing in the center of town, fashion shows, children’s activities, today and Saturday.
• Kaiserslautern, Martin’s fun fair near St. Martin’s Church, Sunday.
• Trippstadt, charcoal burner fest with demonstrations of former craftsmanship, eating and drinking, starts 5 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. Sunday.
• Queidersbach, Heimatmuseum, museum fest starts 10 a.m. Sunday.
• Hauptstuhl, village carnival near fire station, Saturday through Tuesday.
• Mittelbrunn, village carnival, Saturday through Tuesday.
• Rodenbach, village carnival, today through Monday.
• Mackenbach, arts market in Protestant church and parish hall, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
• Reichenbach-Steegen, fire station fest starts 10 a.m. Sunday at Buergerhaus.
• Bruchmuehlbach-Miesau/Elschbach, Viking grounds, Viking fest with show fights, competitions, food specialities, live music, 2 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. Sunday.
• Doernbach (near Rockenhausen), village carnival, today through Tuesday.
• Pirmasens, Grenadiermarkt with rides and vendors on Messplatz, today through Wednesday; vendors only Tuesday and Wednesday.
• Pirmasens, fire station, Gasstrasse 2, open house with vehicle and equipment display, youth firefighters’ demonstration, children’s activities, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday.
• Kusel, carnival with rides, today through Tuesday.
• Neustadt-Haardt, wine and plum cake carnival, today through Tuesday.
• Kallstadt (north of Bad Duerkheim), wine carnival, today through Monday.
• Kaiserslautern, Fritz-Walter soccer stadium, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday.
• Kaiserslautern, Pfalz-Center (across from Daenner Kaserne), 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Mehlingen, Abtstrasse 25a, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays.
• Bad Duerkheim, Saline (saltworks, Gutleutstrasse 48), 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Deidesheim, Stadthalle, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.