The following is a list of performances and events happening in the KMC and nearby locations. Dates are subject to change.
• “Attila,” an opera by Guiseppe Verdi, in Italian, 7:30 p.m. today.
• “My Fair Lady,” a musical by Frederick Loewe, in German, 7:30 p.m. Saturday and 6 p.m. Oct. 30.
• First children’s chamber concert: a trip through the world of Greek gods with music by Debussy, Britten, Roussel and Couperin, 11 a.m. Oct. 9.
• “Der kleine Horrorladen,” “Little Shop of Horror,” a musical by Alan Menken, in German, 7:30 p.m. Oct. 14, 21; 6 p.m. Oct. 23.
For details, call 0631-3675-209 or visit www.pfalztheater.de.
• Susan Weinert Fjord Trio presents jazz, 8 p.m. Thursday. Tickets cost €20.
• The Baseballs present rock ‘n’ roll, 8 p.m. Oct. 8. Tickets cost €30.
For more information, visit www.kammgarn.de.
• The German State Philharmonics present works by Bela Bartok, Henri Dutilleux and Robert Schumann, 8 p.m. today. Tickets cost €17 to €26.
• The German Radio Philharmonics Saarbruecken Kaiserslautern present “Belcanto & Girl Crazy” with arias by Guiseppe Verdi, Gioachino Rossini, Giacomo Puccini, Gaetano Donizetti, George Gershwin and Leonard Bernstein, 5 p.m. Oct. 9. Tickets cost €12 to €26.
For tickets, contact Tourist Information Kaiserslautern at 0631-365-2317.
Stiftskirche, Kaiserslautern, Stiftsplatz:
• The church choir and Westpfalz Chamber Choir present the cantata “Sun, Moon and Stars,” 5 p.m. Sunday. Tickets are available at the door.
JUZ (Youth Center), Steinstrasse 47, Kaiserslautern:
• Salsa disco with DJ Alabama, 8 p.m. Thursday. Tickets cost €5.
For details, visit www.juz-kl.de.
Abbey Church, Otterberg:
• Double concert: Roman Night with music from the Middle Ages by Capella Romana and Ensemble Nu:n, 8 p.m. Sunday. Tickets cost €20.
For additional information, visit www.otterbach-otterberg.de.
• “Irgendwie Anders,” “Somehow Different,” a children’s story with fruit and vegetable characters, in German, in honor of World Children’s Day, 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Tickets cost €5.
For details, call 06371-92340 or visit www.stadthalle-landstuhl.de.
Ramstein-Miesenbach, Haus des Buergers:
• “Just Voice and Guitar” is the motto and name of a duet performing timeless pop music with songs by Stevie Wonder, U2, Michael Jackson, etc., 8 p.m. today. Tickets cost €12.
• Blues dinner with Glan Blues Band presenting blues, rock ‘n’ roll, boogie, swing and Southern rock, 7:30 p.m. Oct. 8. A dinner consisting of various salads, barbecue ribs, hot wings, pulled pork, potato wedges, corn on the cob and desserts will be served. Tickets cost €20 including the meal.
For details, call 06371-592-220 or visit www.hausdesbuergers.de.
Bildhaus Musikclub Ventil, Hahnbacherhof 2, 67701 Schallodenbach:
• Mister Slowhand plays Clapton, 8:30 p.m. Saturday. The park and gallery is open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday. Admission is free.
For details, visit www.bildhaus.info.
English Theatre, Gallusanlage 7, Frankfurt:
• “The Picture of Dorian Gray,” a gothic tale by Oscar Wilde, now through Oct. 27. Performances are 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays to Saturdays, and 6 p.m. Sundays. No performances on Mondays.
For more information, visit www.english-theatre.org.
• Kaiserslautern, Gartenschau (dino park), open 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily, through Oct. 31. Special events through Oct. 31: Flower show, “Fabulously Changeable,” in flower hall; Lego display in exhibition hall; and pumpkin display under the motto “Royal.” Tickets cost €7 for adults, and €3 for children.
For additional information, visit www.gartenschau-kl.de.
• Kaiserslautern, Japanese Garden, Am Abendsberg 1, open to Oct. 31. Tickets cost €5.50 for adults and €3 for children.
For more information, visit www.japanischergarten.de.
• Landstuhl and Kindsbach, beer hike, Saturday and Sunday.
• Bann, local gun club, Sickingerstrasse 27, October fest starts at 7 p.m. Saturday.
• Mittelbrunn, community hall, fall fest, Sunday.
• Reichenbach-Steegen, village carnival, Saturday to Monday.
• Mehlbach, new fire station, press fest, 11 a.m. Monday. Visitors can have their own apples pressed. Food and wine will be served.
• Olsbruecken, village carnival, Sunday and Monday.
• Schneckenhausen, village carnival, today to Tuesday.
• Winnweiler, October market, Saturday to Monday. Rides open at 2 p.m. Saturday and 1 p.m. Sunday and Monday. Stores open from 2 to 6 p.m. Sunday; fest parade at 2 p.m. Sunday.
• Ramsen, road L395 from Eiswoog lake to Obrigheim, car-free Eistal valley for bicyclists, skaters and hikers, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday. There are entertaining programs and food specialties along the route.
• Kaiserslautern, Pfalz-Center (across from Daenner Kaserne), 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays.
• Kaiserslautern, Toom, Hohenecker Strasse 18, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. today.
• Mehlingen, Abtstrasse 25a, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays.
• Bad Duerkheim, Saline (salt-works, Gutleutstrasse 48), 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Fridays and 1 to 6 p.m. Saturdays.
• Neustadt, Decathlon parking lot, Louis-Escande-Strasse 30, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.