The following is a list of performances and events happening in the KMC and nearby locations. Dates are subject to change.
• “Das Abschiedsdinner,” a comedy by Matthieu Delaporte and Alexandre de la Patellière, in German, 8 p.m. today, Sunday, Wednesday, June 2, 4, 17 and 22.
• “Anatevka,” Fiddler on the Roof, a musical by Jerry Bock, in German, 7:30 p.m. Saturday and June 28, and 6 p.m. June 24.
• “Zyklus,” a dance performance by James Sutherland with music by Benjamin Britten, Philip Glass and Samuel Barber, 7:30 p.m. June 2 and 17 (meet and greet with Sutherland and the dancers after both performances).
• “The Tempest,” a play by William Shakespeare with music by Henry Purcell, in German and English,
7:30 p.m. June 3, 9, 21, 23 and 30.
• “Neda – Der Ruf,” an opera by Irani composer Nader Mashayekhi, 7:30 p.m. June 10, 13 and 29.
• Komoedie im Dunkeln,” comedy in the dark, a play by Peter Shaffer, in German, 3 p.m. June 11 (last performance; childcare offered).
For details, call 0631-3675-209 or visit www.pfalztheater.de.
• Majoe presents rap and hip hop, 8 p.m. Saturday. Tickets cost €22.90.
• Gee Dee and friends play a tribute to Alphonse Mouzon, 8 p.m.
June 3. Tickets cost €18.
• Stephan Flesch and special guest Donnielle Graves present soft pop and soul, 8 p.m. June 9. Tickets cost €24.
• K-Town double concert with Blue Mace & Friends and Polski Beat, 8 p.m. June 10. Tickets cost €18.
• Sound of the World – Festival of Cultures with Gisela Joao from Portugal presenting fado, 8 p.m. June 15; Shantel & Bucovina Club Orkesta with Balkan pop, 8 p.m. June 16; and Inna Modja from Mali with Motown soul, Sahel Sahara blues, hip hop,
8 p.m. June 17. Daily tickets cost €17; the festival ticket is €35.
For more information, visit
• Arts exhibition, “From abstract to figurative – How much body does a person need,” 6 p.m. June 3 to June 17, on concert days.
• Jazz Stage meets Marimba with guest Nora El-Ruheibany playing the marimbaphone, 8 p.m. June 9. Tickets cost €15.
• The Kaiserslautern County Symphony Orchestra presents springtime pieces by Gade, Glasunow, Smetana and Elgar, 5 p.m. June 11. Tickets cost €12 to €26.
For tickets, call the tourist information office at 0631-365-2317.
JUZ (Youth Center), Steinstrasse 47, Kaiserslautern:
• A rock and pop students’ concert features the bands High Voltage and Midis, 7:30 p.m. June 2. Tickets cost €5. For details, visit www.juz-kl.de.
Kaiserslautern, Stiftskirche, Stiftsplatz:
• “A Little Market Music” with the ensemble In Tone, noon Saturday. Admission is free; donations are welcome.
Kaiserslautern, beer garden, Bremerhof 1:
• Musical Summer with the band Krueger Rockt, 7:30 p.m. Thursday. Admission is free.
Bildhaus, Musikclub Ventil, Hahnbacherhof 2, Schallodenbach:
• The band Schlappschnut presents rock and pop in Palatinate dialect and German, 8 p.m. June 3. The park and gallery opens 11 a.m. to
7 p.m. June 4. Admission is free.
For details, visit bildhaus.info.
• The duo Jessica Riemer and Scarlett Enkler present an “Italian Evening” with classical music,
7 p.m. June 7. Tickets cost €12.
For details and tickets, visit www.stadthalle-landstuhl.de.
English Theatre, Gallusanlage 7, Frankfurt:
• “The Hound of the Baskervilles,” a masterpiece of mystery and suspense by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, through June 30. Performances are 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays to Saturdays, and 6 p.m. Sundays. For details, visit www.english-theatre.org.
Saarbruecken, Saarlaendisches Staatstheater, Schillerplatz 1:
• “Othello,” by William Shakespeare, in German, 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday. For more information, visit www.theater-saarbruecken.de or call 0681-3092-486.
Nationaltheater Mannheim, Am Goetheplatz:
• “Madama Butterfly,” an opera by Giacomo Puccini, in Italian,
7:30 p.m. Tuesday.
• “New Steps – Bolero,” a dance performance with music by Maurice Ravel, Greg Haines, Claude Debussy, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday and June 11.
For more information, visit
• Kaiserslautern, Gartenschau (dino park) with flower shows, lego display, exhibitions, water playground, miniature golf court. Special events on Saturday: brick film presentations 2 p.m. in the event hall; Sunday: Protestant service with choir Kontakte, 11 a.m. in willow church. Opening hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., to Oct. 31. For details, visit www.gartenschau-kl.de.
• Kaiserslautern, Japanese Garden, Am Abendsberg 1, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily, through Oct. 31. For more information, visit www.japanischergarten.de.
• Kaiserslautern, stores are open
1 to 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Waldmohr, first weekly market with vegetables, fruit, flowers, honey, soap, clothes, food specialties, music, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday.
• Winnweiler, “Buildings on Fire” features fire shows, late night shopping, music, fashion shows, children’s activities, 6 p.m. to midnight today.
• Bruecken (north of Schoenenberg-Kuebelberg), wine fest with music, 6 p.m. today and Saturday.
• Steinweiler (south of Landau), historical village fest with craftsmanship demonstrations, medieval camp, guided tours, food, wines, music, today to Sunday.
• Weisenheim/Berg (southwest of Gruenstadt), wine fest, today to Sunday.
• Bad Duerkheim, city fest, today to Sunday.
• Kaiserslautern, Pfalz-Center (across from Daenner Kaserne),
7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Bad Duerkheim, Saline (salt-works, Gutleutstrasse 48), 9 a.m. to
4 p.m. Saturdays.
• Neustadt, Decathlon parking lot, Louis-Escande Strasse 30, 8 a.m. to
4 p.m. Saturday.
• Saarlouis-Lisdorf, Ikea, Im Hader 1, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.