The following is a list of performances and events happening in the KMC and nearby locations. Dates are subject to change.
• Night of the Dance presents Irish Dance Reloaded, 8 p.m. today.
• Charity gala, “It’s only a game,” with music from movies, musicals and computer games, 7:30 p.m. Sunday.
• “Die Perlenfischer,” an opera by Goerges Bizet, in French, 3 p.m. Sunday (last performance; childcare available).
• “Anatevka,” Fiddler on the Roof, a musical by Jerry Bock, in German, 7:30 p.m. Thursday, March 25 and 31, and April 15 and 29.
• “Dogville,” a play by Lars von Trier, in German, 6 p.m. March 26, and 7:30 p.m. April 4 and 27.
• “Zykuls,” a dance performance by James Sutherland with music by Benjamin Britten, Philip Glass and Samuel Barber, 7:30 p.m. April 1, 25, 28, and 3 p.m. April 16.
• Komoedie im Dunkeln,” comedy in the dark, a play by Peter Shaffer, in German, 7:30 p.m. April 5, 12 and 22.
For details, call 0631-3675-209 or visit www.pfalztheater.de.
• The band Nachtgeschrei presents folk rock and medieval metal, 8 p.m. today. Tickets cost €20.
• Mid-finale: Snipes Jam Session vs. 101N1 Freestyle Battle with hip hop and rap, 7 p.m. Saturday. Tickets cost €8.
• Singer and songwriter Pippo Pollina from Sicily and the Palermo Acoustic Quintet perform 8 p.m. Thursday. Tickets cost €28.
• The band Jeden Tag Silvester performs pop rock, 8 p.m. March 25. Tickets cost €19.
• German singer Andreas Kuemmert presents rock, blues, folk and R&B, 8 p.m. March 31. Tickets cost €27.
• Nuit de la Chanson with singer Pauline Ngoc and various musicians performing French chansons, 8 p.m. April 1. Tickets cost €19.
For more information, visit www.kammgarn.de.
• The German Radio Philharmonics Saarbruecken Kaiserslautern perform a concert with pianist Martin Stadtfeld presenting works by Ludwig van Beethoven and Anton Bruckner, 8 p.m. today. Tickets cost €17 to €26.
• The Chinese National Circus presents “The Grand Hongkong Hotel,” 7:30 p.m. March 30. Tickets range from €30 to €40.
• Jazz Stage meets Countertenor and Choir, 8 p.m. March 31. Tickets cost €15.
For tickets, call the tourist information office at 0631-365-2317.
Kaiserslautern, SWR studio, Emmerich-Smola-Platz 1:
• The German Radio Philharmonics Saarbruecken Kaiserslautern with pianist Michael Rische present works by Johann Sebastian Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach and Joseph Haydn, 1 p.m. Thursday. Tickets with lunch at noon cost €22; tickets without lunch cost €13. For tickets and reservations, call the tourist information office at 0631-365-2317.
Ramstein-Miesenbach, Haus des Buergers:
• The band Roxxbusters presents songs from the 1970s and 1980s by Phil Collins, Michael Jackson, Supertramp, Pink Foyd, U2 and Aerosmith, 8 p.m. today. Tickets cost €14.
• Country Night with James Everett Band presenting American country music, 8 p.m. Saturday. Tickets cost €12.
• “Laura’s Star,” a children’s musical, 5 p.m. Tuesday. Tickets cost €7.60 to €9.80 for children and €9.80 to €14.20 for adults.
• Medieval dinner with entertainment by imperial knight Reinhard and his gleeman, 7:30 p.m. March 31. The dinner consists of potato soup, haxen, chicken, cabbage, potatoes, noodles, dessert, beer, wine, water. Cost is €49.
• The Mainz Chamber Orchestra presents classical music like serenades and divertimenti, 5 p.m. April 2. Tickets cost €12.
For details, call 06371-592-220 or visit www.hausdesbuergers.de.
• The band Acoustic Colour present songs by Jamie Cullum, Michael Buble, Al Jarreau, Sting, Duke Ellington and Paul Simon, 7 p.m. March 29. Tickets cost €12. For additional information and tickets, visit www.stadthalle-landstuhl.de.
English Theatre, Gallusanlage 7, Frankfurt:
• “Handbagged,” a comedy by Moira Buffini, in English, today to April 30. Performances are 7:30 p.m. Tuedays to Saturdays, and 6 p.m. Sundays; closed Mondays. For details, visit www.english-theatre.org.
Nationaltheater Mannheim, Am Goetheplatz:
• “Aida,” an opera by Guiseppe Verid, 7:30 p.m. Saturday and March 25.
• “Il Ritorno d’Ulisse in Patria,” an opera by Claudio Monteverdi, in Italian, 7 p.m. March 22 and 24.
For more information, visit www.nationaltheater-mannheim.de.
Saarbruecken, Saarlaendisches Staatstheater, Schillerplatz 1:
• “Othello,” a drama by Willliam Shakespeare, in German, 7:30 p.m. March 25.
• “Der Liebestrank,” an opera by Gaetano Donizetti, in Italian, 6 p.m. March 26 and 7:30 p.m. March 31.
• “West Side Story,” a musical in German, with music by Leonard Bernstein, 7:30 p.m. March 30.
For additional information, visit www.theater-saarbruecken.de or call 0681-3092-486.
• Kaiserslautern, Stiftsplatz, German-Dutch cloth (material) market with more than 80 vendors selling cloth to make clothes, curtains, decorations, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. today.
• Kaiserslautern, spring market with activities, special offers, Saturday and Sunday; stores open 1 to 6 p.m. Sunday. For more inforation, see article on Page 11.
• Mehlbach, Glockenturm (bell tower), burning of winter starts with torch walk to fire station, 7 p.m. today; winter goulash, beer and sodas will be served.
• Obermoschel, Luitpoldstrasse 4, model train and toy swap meet, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, Sunday, and March 25 and 26.
• Kaiserslautern, Pfalz-Center (across from Daenner Kaserne), 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays.
• Ramstein, flea market hall, Flurstrasse 4, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. today and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Bad Duerkheim, Saline (salt-works, Gutleutstrasse 48), 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays.