***image1***Hispanic Heritage Month started Sept. 15 with a Latin Night at the Ramstein Enlisted Club. It will continue through Oct. 15.
Special events and activities to celebrate the history and traditions of the nation’s Hispanic people will be offered for KMC servicemembers and their families.
Did You Know?
• 29 million U.S. residents speak Spanish at home
• Spanish speakers make up a ratio of more than 1-in-10 U.S. residents
• Spanish is the national language of 19 separate countries and Puerto Rico; there is not one standard dialect
• Spanish has contributed more than 10,000 words to English, including: mosquito, mustang, renegade, oregano, cilantro, salsa, aficionado, barracuda, tornado and patio
Hispanic Heritage Month celebrations:
• Members of the Hispanic Heritage Club will have Family Night at Ramstein Library 6 to 9 p.m. today and 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 2, and at the Sembach Library from 11 a.m. to noon Oct. 5.
• The club will host a breakfast burrito sale today. To order for your work center, contact Staff Sgt. Maria Duluc at 0160-9387-7753.
• The Hispanic Heritage Observance Banquet will be Oct. 14 at the Ramstein Officers’ Club. There will be a social hour starting at 6 p.m., and dinner at 7 p.m. After dinner, guests will be entertained by Hispanic dancers from several regions across the globe. Tickets are available now.
For those interested in joining the Hispanic Heritage Club, meetings are held 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesdays at the Ramstein Community Center multipurpose room, Bldg. 412. Everyone is invited to attend. For more information, contact Ben Rosales at 478-2778.