Based on voluntary recall by Novartis Consumer Health Inc., the Ramstein Public Health Flight is working with Ramstein and Vogelweh facilities to ensure select bottles of Excedrin, Bufferin, NoDoz and Gas-X Prevention are removed from shelves. The company is recalling products as a precautionary measure because they may contain stray tablets, capsules or caplets from other Novartis products or contain broken or chipped tablets.
Mixing of different products in the same bottle could result in consumers taking the incorrect product and receiving a higher or lower strength than intended or receiving an unintended ingredient. This could potentially result in overdose, interaction with other medications a consumer may be taking, or an allergic reaction if the consumer is allergic to the unintended ingredient. NCH is not aware of any illnesses or complications with the issues leading to the recall.
Affected products include:
All lots of listed Excedrin products with expiration dates of December 20, 2014, or earlier are included in this recall (except for two, six or 10 count packages).
• Excedrin Extra Strength Caplets
• Excedrin Extra Strength • Express Gel Caplets
• Excedrin Extra Strength Gel Tablets
• Excedrin Extra Strength Tablets
• Excedrin Back & Body Caplets
• Excedrin Sinus Headache Caplets
• Excedrin Migraine Caplets
• Excedrin Migraine Gel Tablets
• Excedrin Migraine Tablets
• Excedrin Menstrual Complete Express Gel Caplets
• Excedrin PM Caplets
• Excedrin PM Express Gel Caplets
• Excedrin PM Tablets
• Excedrin Tension Headache Caplets
• Excedrin Tension Headache Express Gel Caplets
• Excedrin Tension Headache Gel Tablets
All lots of Bufferin products with expiration dates of December 20, 2013, or earlier
• Bufferin Extra Strength Tablets
• Bufferin Low Dose Tablets
• Bufferin Regular Strength Tablets
All lots of Gas-X Prevention products with expiry dates of Dec. 20, 2013, or earlier. This recall affects Gas-X Prevention products only. No other Gas-X products are included.
All lots of NoDoz products with expiration dates of Dec. 20, 2014, or
earlier (except for two count and four count packages).
Customers who purchased one of the listed products should stop using the product(s). Products purchased on Ramstein or Vogelweh can be returned to the location of purchase for a full refund.
For products purchased elsewhere, contact the location of purchase, or contact the Novartis Consumer Relationship Center at 1-888-477-2403 (available from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern Time Monday through Friday).
For the most current information, visit www.novartisOTC.com. Consumers should contact their health care provider if they have experienced any problems that may be related to taking or using these drug products.