During your transition, it is mandatory to be seen by Finance, Housing and Tricare for in-processing, which is located at the Finance Building (2108). You must be seen by Housing within two duty days of arrival and Tricare/Finance within five duty days. Below are the hours of operations and ways to sign up.
There are two ways to complete your mandatory Housing Briefing. Service members must send the complete “Housing Office Newcomer Briefing” documents within two workdays of arrival to the KMC Housing Office.
Delays may result in TLA termination.
Option 1: In-person at the Housing “Satellite” Office Bldg. 2108 on Ramstein
Book appointments at: https://booknow.appointment-plus.com/9rm3mcns/
Select the “Base Events” drop down, and “Housing Military In Processing Briefing” at 9 a.m.
Option 2: Virtual Briefing, the link to the briefing, and your “Military Briefing Package” forms, can be found at:
Please print out the “Briefing Documents” before you start watching the video so you can fill out the paperwork as you follow along.
Once you have finished the briefing, immediately forward the following paperwork back to KMCHousing@us.af.mil:
- Application for Assignment to Housing – DD form 1746. Filled out completely and signed in block 17 & 20.
- Temporary Lodging Allowance form. Initialed and signed at the bottom.
- Government Housing Fact sheet. Signed at the bottom even if you do NOT want on base housing.
If you are sending your briefing before your arrival date, please send it no earlier than 30 days prior to arrival.
Please call or email if you have any questions or need clarification about the housing briefing.
Finance sign up:
It is mandatory that members schedule an appointment within five working days of arrival per DoD 7000.14-R Financial Management Regulation Volume 9, Chapter 8: 0806 Submission of travel claims and 080601 Temporary Duty (TDY) and Permanent Duty Travel (PDT).
The traveler must submit all claims within five working days of return to or arrival at the Permanent Duty Station.
Failure to in-process with Finance after arriving on station will result in a debt on your pay record, an inability to pay out Overseas Entitlements, and inability to pay out TLA.
In-bound personnel may register for In Processing via the below link prior to their arrival on station to ensure the earliest appointment availability:
No shows are reported to unit leadership.
- Any receipts greater than $75
- Any receipts for lodging and airfare
Receipts must be:
- In English
- How it was paid (last 4 of credit card number)
- Member’s name (first and last)
- DD Form 788 –Scratch and Dent Form from VPC (used for vehicle pick up or drop off)
- Full copy of your orders and amendments (front and back)
- Memorandums for any delays during this PCS
- Signed letter in lieu of amendments if member quarantined (issued by MPF)
- GTC Statement (to verify rates but these DO NOT replace actual receipts)
- Dorm Resident BAS Certification (only for Airman living in the dorm)
- Any delayed rotator (old tickets, new tickets, MFR from the PAX terminal)
- PDT Arrival Worksheet
- PDT Entitlements Checklist
- AF Form 594
- DD Form 1351-2 with the highlighted portions completed
If you have any additional finance-related questions, please create a Comptroller Services Portal Inquiry or if you do not have a us.af.mil email address, email the Org Box:
86 CPTS/CUSTOMER SERVICE email@example.com
TRICARE sign up:
One of your first steps will be to transfer TRICARE Prime enrollment for you and your family members.
The 86 MDG will be your Primary Care Medical Home for all your healthcare needs. We look forward to serving you!
Members have 2 options to complete TRICARE enrollment:
Option 1: Sign up for our 2-in-1 TRICARE & Finance In-processing: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050d45abac2fa7f49-finance
This is your 1-stop-shop: TRICARE appointments are held at 1330, immediately preceding the 1400 Finance brief, Bldg 2108
Option 2: Visit us in person at the 86 MDG, TRICARE Enrollments (Bldg 2114/Main Clinic Rm 147), Mon-Fri from 0730 to 1630 (excluding Federal Holidays)
You must bring the below required documents for either enrollment option:
If applicable: Proof of Command Sponsorship for all family members (ie. 1466, MyVector screenshot, or amendment to orders stating “all dependents are medically cleared”)
Please contact us via phone at DSN: 479-2557/Comm: 06371-46-2557 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or concerns.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook for the latest updates on clinic hours, services and upcoming events! https://www.facebook.com/86thMDG/