The housing hype

Overseas Housing Allowance (OHA) for Military Members

The Overseas Housing Program enables military members assigned overseas to privately lease housing on the economy. This program encompasses a reimbursement system designed to partially defray housing costs when on-base or government leased housing is not available to start your OHA, once you have found suitable housing.

  1. Send your housing contract to the KMC “Org Box” ( 
  2. Once the Contract (Rental Agreement), between you and the property owner, has been received in the “Org Box” — the contract will be reviewed and sent to the Housing Assistance Section to schedule your individual appointment.
  3. Upon receipt of your signed Contract (Rental Agreement), the DD Form 2367, Individual Overseas Housing Allowance (OHA) Report (approved original,) will be prepared by the Assistance Section and forwarded to Accounting & Finance for final processing/payment.

FACT: Military Active Duty and Civilians must live in the identified area and within the marked border lines to receive full housing services!

To help with all of your housing needs, visit the KMC Housing Office at Vogelweh, Building 1001, or contact us by calling +49 631 536 6672/DSN 314-489-6672. You can also view our Facebook page at

Upcoming Office Closure

The KMC Housing Office and the Furnishings Management Section (FMS) will close at 11:30 on 11 Mar 20 due to training.