EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS KITS
As the weather starts to get colder, and we face the double-threat of the flu and surges in pandemic cases, now is a great time to start winter preparations for any bad weather conditions.
In Germany, the winter season can bring storms, power outages and other unpredictable situations. For the safety of you and your family, please keep in mind that these potential events can become critical if you’re not properly prepared.
Therefore, in preparation, we in the KMC Housing Office recommend that you have/maintain an “Emergency Preparedness Kit” in your home…because you never know when bad weather conditions might strike.
Your kit should include, at minimum:
- A flashlight and batteries
- Battery-operated radio and batteries
- Matches in a waterproof container
- Utility knife
- Paper and pencil
- Cash, traveler’s checks and coins
- Disposable dishes and utensils
- Pet food
- Fire extinguisher
- Needle and thread
- Extra set of keys and IDs
- Duct tape and scissors
- Local area maps
- First aid kits/manual
- Garbage bags
- Cellphone chargers and backup batteries
During inclement weather, continue to follow Ramstein’s Official Facebook page.
For any other housing questions/concerns, please e-mail us at KMCHousing@us.af.mil or call:
- Assistance Section: DSN: 314-489-6672 – COMM: 0631-536-6672
- Facilities Section, on-base: DSN: 314-489-7108 – COMM: 0631-536-7108
- Furnishings Management Section: DSN: 314-489-6001 – COMM: 0631-536-6001
- Housing Referral Office off-base: DSN: 314-489-6643/6659 – COMM: 0631-536-6643/6659
- Unaccompanied Housing DORMS: DSN: 314-480-3676 (480-Dorm) – COMM: 06371-47-3676
To stay current with Family Housing, go to Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/KMCHousingOffice/
REMINDER: To provide exceptional customer service, the Housing Flight will close every Wednesday at 11:30 for administrative time. This will allow us to process paperwork for the numerous service members PCSing.
Upcoming Office Closure: The KMC Housing Office and FMS will be closed on Nov 11 in observance of the holiday.
The KMC Family Housing Team is in the business of 100% “Customer Satisfaction!”
STAY SAFE DURING COVID-19