Weather, road and climate situations
The Ramstein and surrounding areas are subject to severe winter weather and temperatures. You can prevent unnecessary damage(s)/vehicle accidents by keeping these procedures in mind:
- Remove water hoses from outside water faucets whenever the outside temperature is expected to fall below 35 degrees Fahrenheit or 1.6 degrees Celsius.
- Secure all items in your yard during high winds. If you have an outdoor storage shed, ensure that the storage-shed doors are locked to avoid potential wind damage.
- Whether living on or off-base, make sure that you close your home’s Rolladen (rolling shutters) when high winds occur or when high wind warning have been issued.
If you have power or heating problems in your quarters/home, you can call the Housing Maintenance Contractor (Vectrus, commercial: 06371-4639510). If you live off-base, immediately contact your landlord.
During periods of inclement weather, please call ahead to the location you are visiting as frequent changes may occur. For the local/current road conditions, visit the 86th Airlift Wing’s Facebook page @RamsteinOfficial or view the Ramstein AB Weather website: https://www.ramstein.af.mil/Weather-Info/
- Road Conditions Green. Normal driving for all vehicles. Operations will continue as normal. Base services are open. Personnel will report as normal.
- Amber Roads are moderately hazardous. Exercise caution. Operations will continue as normal. Base services are open. Coordinate any delays with supervisor.
- Red Roads are very hazardous. Exercise extreme caution if required to drive. Report for duty only when safe to do so. Coordinate delays with supervisor.
- Black Roads are extremely hazardous. Avoid driving, operations are canceled; base services closed.
WHETHER LIVING ON-BASE OR OFF-BASE, ALWAYS PLAN AND BE PREPARED FOR THE UNKNOWN!
For any other housing questions/concerns, please email us at KMCHousing@us.af.mil or call:
- Assistance Section: DSN: 314-489-6672 – COMM: 0631-536-6672
- Facilities Section, on-base: DSN: 314-489-7108 – COMM: 0631-536-7108
- Furnishings Management Section: DSN: 314-489-6001 – COMM: 0631-536-6001
- Housing Referral Office off-base: DSN: 314-489-6643/6659 – COMM: 0631-536-6643/6659
Unaccompanied Housing DORMS:
DSN: 314-480-3676 (480-Dorm) –
To keep abreast of the ongoing in Family Housing, visit us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/KMCHousingOffice/
REMINDER: To provide exceptional customer service, the Housing Flight will close every Wednesday at 11:30 for administrative time. This will allow us to process paperwork for the numerous service members PCSing.
The KMC Family Housing Team is in the business of 100% “Customer Satisfaction!”
STAY SAFE DURING COVID-19