The following is a list of performances and events happening in the KMC and nearby locations. Dates are subject to change.
• Closed for summer vacation. The new play season begins with a theater fest Sept. 9.
For details, call 0631-3675-209 or visit www.pfalztheater.de.
• The Kammgarn is closed until Sept. 1 for summer vacation. For details, visit www.kammgarn.de.
• The State Youth Orchestra presents works by Sergej Prokofjew, Carl Maria von Weber and Dmitri Schostakowitsch, 5 p.m. Sunday. Tickets cost €18.
For tickets, call the tourist information office at 0631-365-2317.
Kaiserslautern, beer garden, Bremerhof 1:
• Volker Klimmer Band featuring Lisa Mosinski & Sascha Kleinophorst present swing, Dixie, jazz and dance music, 7:30 p.m. Thursday.
• The duo Diamond Moments and special guests present musical highlights, 7:30 p.m. July 27.
Admission to all Bremerhof concerts is free. For more information, visit www.bremerhof-kl.de.
• The music association Schwarze Husaren Kleinsteinhausen present a mix of traditional and modern brass music, swing and pop in the blue music pavilion, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. A bistro serves snacks and beverages. An adventure playground is next to the blue music pavilion.
SWR radio studio, Emmerich-Smola-Platz 1, Kaiserslautern:
• The German Radio Philharmonics Saarbruecken Kaiserslautern present works by Niccolo Paganini and Boris Blacher, 1 p.m. Aug. 31. Tickets with lunch at noon cost €23; tickets without lunch cost €13.
For tickets and reservations, call the tourist information office at 0631-365-2317.
Bildhaus, Musikclub Ventil, Hahnbacherhof 2, Schallodenbach:
• The band Zoul Basterdz presents soul music, 8:30 p.m. Saturday. The park and gallery opens 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday. Admission is free. For details, visit bildhaus.info.
Ramstein-Miesenbach, stage in front of town hall (Rathaus):
• Ramstein Summer Nights feature:
Greek Night with Georgios Savviddis with band and dance ensemble, 8 p.m. today.
Italian Night with Luigi Botta and Friends, 8 p.m. July 21.
Brazilian Night with the Viva Brasil Dance Show with band Mundo Latino, 8 p.m. July 28.
Jamaican Night with Superjam, 8 p.m. Aug. 4.
Mexican Night with Los Mexicanos, 8 p.m. Aug. 11.
Irish Night with Giff Gaffy performing folk from Ireland, Scotland and England, and a dance show by the Irish dance school Tir na NOg, 8 p.m. Aug. 18.
Cuban Night with the band Cuban Affairs, 8 p.m. Aug. 25.
Admission to all otudoor performances is free. For details, visit www.hausdesbuergers.de.
English Theatre, Gallusanlage 7, Frankfurt:
• “Pygmalion,” a satiric show by Bernard Shaw, Sept. 1 through Oct. 26. Performances are 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays to Saturdays, and 6 p.m. Sundays. For details, visit www.english-theatre.org.
• Kaiserslautern, Gartenschau (dino park) with flower shows, lego display, water playground, miniature golf court. Special events: Sunday: Catholic worship service with music by the Kolpingorchester Erfenbach, 11 a.m. in willow church; a new flower hall show, “Planet Earth,” opens 3 p.m. with the band Present Art Collection. The children’s crafting and games tent is open 2 to 5 p.m. daily through Aug. 13. Opening hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., to Oct. 31. For details, visit www.gartenschau-kl.de.
• Kaiserslautern, Japanese Garden, Am Abendsberg 1, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily, through Oct. 31. For more information, visit www.japanischergarten.de.
• Kaiserslautern, street festival, Get it all Out, today through Sunday (read article on Page 21).
• Kaiserslautern, UNISPORT Technical University (Paul-Ehrlich-Strasse), wine fest with regional wines, culinary specialties and music, 4 p.m. Tuesday.
• Docu Center Ramstein, Schernauer Strasse 46, exhibition, “NCO Club on Ramstein in the 1950s and 1960s,” 2 to 5 p.m. Tuesdays to Sundays. Admission is free. Visit www.dc-ramstein.de.
• Wartenberg-Rohrbach, village carnival, Saturday to Monday.
• Imsbach (north of Winnweiler), Mining World offers guided tours in English, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday. Tickets cost €4 for adults. No registration needed. For details, visit www.bergerlebniswelt-imsbach.de.
• Kaeshofen (east of Homburg), village fest, Saturday and Sunday.
• Einselthum (on B47, north of Eisenberg), wine fest with carnival, today to Sunday.
• Maikammer (between Neustadt and Edenkoben), wine fest, today to Monday.
• Mannheim, Luisenpark, Holi Festival of Colors, Saturday. For details, visit www.holifestival.com.
• Nohfelden (west of Baumholder), medieval market, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday. Tickets cost €5 for adults, €3 for children and €2 for visitors in medieval costumes.
• Leinsweiler (south of Albersweiler), summer fest, today to Monday.
• Bellheim (south of Germersheim), brewery fest with music, children’s activities, guided tours of brewery, Saturday and Sunday. For details, visit www.bellheimer.de.
• Edenkoben, lampoon ride in chair lift to castle fest, Saturday. For details, visit www.rietburgbahn-edenkoben.de.
• Kaiserslautern, Pfalz-Center (across from Daenner Kaserne), 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Kaiserslautern, Globus parking lot, Merkurstrasse, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
Kaiserslautern, Am Messeplatz (fairgrounds), 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
• Bad Duerkheim, Saline (salt-works, Gutleutstrasse 48), 9 a.m. to
4 p.m. Saturdays.
• Neustadt/German Wine Street, Decathlon parking lot, Louis-Escande-Strasse 30, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Zweibruecken, Schlossplatz, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Saarlouis, Grosser Markt, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.