The following is a list of performances and events happening in the KMC and nearby locations. Dates are subject to change.
• “Das Mass der Dinge,” a play by Neil LaBute, in German, 8 p.m. today, Tuesday and July 13.
• “My Fair Lady,” a musical by Frederick Loewe, in German, 7:30 p.m. Saturday and July 10.
• The Pfalztheater Orchestra presents the fourth Pfalztheater concert with works by Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, 6 p.m. Sunday.
• “Liebe und Information,” a play by Caryl Churchill, in German, 7:30 p.m. Thursday and July 12 and 14.
• “Der kleine Horrorladen,” “Little Shop of Horror,” a musical by Alan Menken, in German, 7:30 p.m. July 9.
• Fifth chamber concert by Quartetto Palatino performing works by copland, Beethoven, ginastera and Prokofjew, 11 a.m. July 10.
• “Nur noch kurz die Welt retten,” a Europe revue, in German, 8 p.m. July 15 and 16.
• “Idomeneo,” an opera by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, in Italian, 7:30 p.m. July 16.
For details, call 0631-3675-209 or visit www.pfalztheater.de.
• The band Hard to Handle presents rock cover songs, 8 p.m. July 9. Tickets cost €17.
For details, visit www.kammgarn.de.
• Uni-Chor-Festival features: The choir and orchestra of the Mainz University with “Ralph Vaugan Williams: A Sea Symphony,” 8 p.m. July 8, and the classical choir of the Technical University Kaiserslautern and Chamber Philharmonics Mannheim with “Joseph Haydn: Die Schoepfung,”
8 p.m. July 14. For each concert, tickets cost €18; students pay €6. Advance tickets are available at the Tourist Information office, Thalia book store or Pop Shop.
Kaiserslautern, Volkspark (duck pond at corner of Entersweiler-/Donnersberger Strasse):
• Outdoor concert with the Neuleininger Blaskapelle presenting “Music from the Castle Village,” 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. July 10. Admission is free. Snacks and beverages are available in bistro. Children’s adventure playground is next to music pavilion.
Kaiserslautern, Bremerhof beergarden, Bremerhof 1:
• “Foreigner Tribute” act by the band Cold As Ice, 7 p.m. Thursday. Admission is free.
For additional information, visit www.bremerhof-kl.de.
Otterberg, Abbey Church:
• Two mixed choirs, band and string ensemble present “Mass of Joy,” a gospel mass, 5 p.m. Sunday. Admission is €15.
For more information, visit www.otterbach-otterberg.de.
Bildhaus Musikclub Ventil, Hahnbacherhof 2, 67701 Schallodenbach:
• The band Schlappschnut presents German popular music, 8:30 p.m. Saturday. The park and gallery is open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday. Admission is free.
For details, visit www.bildhaus.info.
Waldmohr, historical backyard of Buergerhaus, Saarpfalzstrasse 12:
• Sunset concert with band Grieser Sesamegewerfelde, 8 p.m. Saturday. Admission is free.
Bad Duerkheim, Roemerplatz:
• The band Late Lounge presents a mix of pop, soul and rock music, 7 p.m. Thursday.
Saarbruecken, Saarlaendisches Staatstheater, Schillerplatz 1:
• “Falstaff,” an opera by Guiseppe Verdi, in Italian, 7:30 p.m. today, Tuesday and July 12, and 6 p.m. July 17.
For details, call 0681-3092-486 or visit www.theater-saarbruecken.de.
Nationaltheater Mannheim, am Goetheplatz:
• “Der kleine Prinz,” a ballet by Dominique Dumais, 7:30 p.m. today.
For additional information, visit www.nationaltheater-mannheim.de.
English Theatre, Gallusanlage 7, Frankfurt:
• “The Picture of Dorian Gray,” starts Sept. 1.
For more information, visit www.english-theatre.org.
• Kaiserslautern, Gartenschau (dino park), open 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily, through Oct. 3. Special events: Ecumenical worship service, 11 a.m. Sunday. French garden party, 6 p.m. July 8. Tickets cost €7 for adults, and €3 for children.
For additional information, visit www.gartenschau-kl.de.
• Kaiserslautern, Japanese Garden, Am Abendsberg 1, open to Oct. 31. Tickets cost €5.50 for adults and €3 for children.
For more information, visit www.japanischergarten.de.
• Kaiserslautern-Siegelbach, Zoo, adventure day, July 10.
• Bruchmuehlbach-Miesau, Werner-Odenwald-Platz, summer fest with tent, live music, rides, today through Monday.
• Pirmasens, walkplatz between Sandgasse and Alten Markt, Schustergassenfest with arts, live music, culinary specialties, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday.
• Dahn (castles Altdahn, Grafendahn and Tanstein), revival of castles and Middle Ages with gun salutes, Saturday and Sunday.
• Bobenheim-Roxheim (south of Worms), gondola fest, today through Monday.
• Kirchheim (south of Gruenstadt), wine carnival, today through Monday.
• Speyer, pretzel fest (carnival, vendors), Thursday to July 12.
• Neustadt-Mussbach, wine fest, today to Sunday.
• Battenberg (south of Neuleiningen), wine fest, today to Monday.
• Kaiserslautern, Pfalz-Center (across from Daenner Kaserne), 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays.
• Kaiserslautern, Toom Baumarkt, Hohenecker Strasse 10, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. today and July 9.
• Kaiserslautern, Vogelwoogstrasse 100 (near Vogelwoog pond), 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Mehlingen, Abtstrasse 25a, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays.
• Bad Duerkheim, Saline (saltworks, Gutleutstrasse 48), 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays.
• Worms, Kaiserpassage parking, Korngasse 8, noon to 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Sembach, former air base, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 10.