The following is a list of performances and events happening in the KMC and nearby locations. Dates are subject to change.
• “Attila,” an opera by Guiseppe Verdi, in Italian, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday and Sept. 30.
• “My Fair Lady,” a musical by Frederick Loewe, in German, 7:30 p.m. Oct. 1 and 6 p.m. Oct. 30.
• “Der kleine Horrorladen,” “Little Shop of Horror,” a musical by Alan Menken, in German, 7:30 p.m. Oct. 14 and 21, and 6 p.m. Oct. 23.
For details, call 0631-3675-209 or visit www.pfalztheater.de.
• Display of paintings, photos and mixed-media presentations, today and Saturday. Admission is free.
• The band Heisskalt presents rock, alternative, punk and melodic hardcore, 8 p.m. today. Tickets cost €24.
• Isolation Berlin performs post punk, pop and noise rock, 8 p.m. Saturday. Tickets cost €15.
• The band Powerwolf presents power metal, 7:20 p.m. Sunday. Tickets cost €32.
• Norwegian pianist Tord Gustavson features Simin Tander performing world music jazz, 8 p.m. Wednesday. Tickets cost €22.
For more information, visit www.kammgarn.de.
• The German State Philharmonics present works by Bela Bartok, Henri Dutilleux and Robert Schumann, 8 p.m. Sept. 30. Tickets cost €17 to €26.
For tickets, contact Tourist Information Kaiserslautern at 0631-365-2317.
Stiftskirche, Kaiserslautern, Stiftsplatz:
• A Little Market Music with Stefan Bergmann (low whistle), organist Oliver Schreyer and a choir, noon Saturday. Admission is free. Donations are welcome.
• Men in Black present a music show, “Let the good times roll,” with soul and rock ‘n’ roll hits from four centuries, 7:30 p.m. today. Tickets cost €23, €28 and €32.
• “Irgendwie Anders,” “Somehow Different,” a children’s story with fruit and vegetable characters, in German, in honor of World Children’s Day, 3 p.m. Oct. 1 and 2. Tickets cost €5.
For details, call 06371-92340 or visit www.stadthalle-landstuhl.de.
Ramstein-Miesenbach, Haus des Buergers:
• “Just Voice and Guitar,” is the motto and name of a duet performing timeless pop music with songs by Stevie Wonder, U2, Michael Jackson, etc., 8 p.m. Sept. 30. Tickets cost €12.
For details, call 06371-592-220 or visit www.hausdesbuergers.de.
Bildhaus Musikclub Ventil, Hahnbacherhof 2, 67701 Schallodenbach:
• Mister Slowhand plays Clapton, 8:30 p.m. Oct. 1. The park and gallery are open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Oct. 2. Admission is free.
For details, visit www.bildhaus.info.
Pirmasens, Festhalle, Volksgartenstrasse 12:
• World renowned accordion player Richard Galliano presents a symphony concert, 6 p.m. Saturday. Tickets cost €16 to €36.
For tickets, call 06331-842352 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
English Theatre, Gallusanlage 7, Frankfurt:
• “The Picture of Dorian Gray,” a gothic tale by Oscar Wilde, now through Oct. 27. Performances are 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays to Saturdays, and 6 p.m. Sundays. No performances on Mondays.
For additional information, visit www.english-theatre.org.
• Kaiserslautern, Gartenschau (dino park), open 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily, through Oct. 31. Special events: Catholic worship service, 11 a.m. Sunday in willow church; wine fest with music by Unnerhaus Jazzband, 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday; flower show, “Fabulously Changeable” in flower hall open through Oct. 31; Lego display open through Oct. 31 in exhibition hall; and pumpkin display under the motto “Royal” open through Oct. 31. Tickets cost €7 for adults, and €3 for children.
For more information, visit www.gartenschau-kl.de.
• Kaiserslautern, Japanese Garden, Am Abendsberg 1, open to Oct. 31. Tickets cost €5.50 for adults and €3 for children.
For additional information, visit www.japanischergarten.de for details.
• Kaiserslautern, Pfaffstrasse 3, swing dance tea, “Kotten-Hop,” with free dance instructions and swing music from the 1920s to 1950s, 7 p.m. Saturday.
For more information, visit www.lautern-swingt.de.
• Bann, village carnival, today through Tuesday.
• Kindsbach, Mehrzweckhalle near train station, Paulaner fest, Saturday.
• Weilerbach, village carnival, today to Monday; fest parade 2 p.m. Sunday; stores open noon to 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Schneckenhausen, farmers market, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday
• Otterbach, village carnival with DJ Partyman at 9 p.m. today, Transonic performing at 8 p.m. Saturday and parade at 1 p.m. Sunday.
• Niederkirchen, village carnival, Sunday.
• Imsbach (north of Winnweiler), mining world offers guided tours in English, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday. Tickets cost €4 for adults and €2 for children.
For more information, visit www.bergbauerlebniswelt-imsbach.de.
• Waldmohr, TV-Halle, Jahnstrasse 32, Bavarian Night with Bavarian food specialties, 7 p.m.; musical program, 8 p.m. Saturday. Tickets cost €14.
• Kaiserslautern, Pfalz-Center (across from Daenner Kaserne),
7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays.
• Kaiserslautern, Toom, Hohenecker Strasse 18, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. today.
• Mehlingen, Abtstrasse 25a, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays.
• Neustadt, Decathlon parking lot, Louis-Escande-Strasse 30, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Gruenstadt, Kaufland, Kirchheimer Strasse 39, 1 to 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Worms, festgrounds, Nibelungenring, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Saarlouis, Ikea, Im Hader 1, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.